I tried to create an e-mail account on my BlackBerry Torch... didn't work, and got an e-mail... cutting and pasting the pertinent part:

The BlackBerry Internet Service site provides a utility you can download to help set-up your email account. This small application searches your computer for configured email accounts and provides BlackBerry Internet Service with these settings. To download this application:

�From your desktop browser, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. Refer to the documentation provided by your Wireless Service Provider for the web URL.
    �On the Email Accounts page, select Add Account.
    �When prompted, type your email address and password. Click Next.
    �Select I use Microsoft� Outlook� or Outlook Express�. Click Next.
    �Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions.
    When I tried to create an account on the BlackBerry Internet Service site it tells that I have to access it on my device.

How do I do this?

How do I access my e-mail for my account (not the real e-mail address): [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your help.
    11-12-10 09:27 PM
    What carrier are you on?
    11-13-10 06:45 AM
    Access email settings from your device by going to setup > email accounts. This will bring you to your carriers BIS site so you can then continue to setup your emails.
    11-13-10 06:52 AM
    What carrier are you on?
    I am using AT&T
    11-13-10 02:40 PM
    Access email settings from your device by going to setup > email accounts. This will bring you to your carriers BIS site so you can then continue to setup your emails.
    That took me to the screen that offers Yahoo! email, AOL, Windows Live, or Other... there is where I was before... I choose other... and it didn't work, and above is the e-mail that I received.
    11-13-10 02:43 PM
    11-13-10 04:51 PM
    I tried to create an e-mail account on my BlackBerry Torch... didn't work, and got an e-mail... cutting and pasting the pertinent part:

The BlackBerry Internet Service site provides a utility you can download to help set-up your email account. This small application searches your computer for configured email accounts and provides BlackBerry Internet Service with these settings. To download this application:

�From your desktop browser, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. Refer to the documentation provided by your Wireless Service Provider for the web URL.
    �On the Email Accounts page, select Add Account.
    �When prompted, type your email address and password. Click Next.
    �Select I use Microsoft� Outlook� or Outlook Express�. Click Next.
    �Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions.
    When I tried to create an account on the BlackBerry Internet Service site it tells that I have to access it on my device.

How do I do this?

How do I access my e-mail for my account (not the real e-mail address): [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your help.

You need to go to your domain site ( xxxxz@sbcglobal.net or @live.com) wherever you have your email is set up from.

For example, I have an @sbcglobal.net domain, and if I go to the sbc/yahoo site for help it tells me exactly how to set up the email on outlook express and everything else, including mobile phones.
    11-13-10 05:01 PM
    You need to go to your domain site ( xxxxz@sbcglobal.net or @live.com) wherever you have your email is set up from.

For example, I have an @sbcglobal.net domain, and if I go to the sbc/yahoo site for help it tells me exactly how to set up the email on outlook express and everything else, including mobile phones.
    Unfortunately(?) my domain is mine, RoslynChamber.org
    11-13-10 05:38 PM
    Try going to this site from a computer.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    When I try to create my account by entering my PIN and IMEI I get the following error message:
    Your account is not accessible via HTML browswer. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.
    How do I do that?
    11-13-10 05:40 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)?

Have you contacted AT&T customer service?
    11-13-10 05:43 PM
    I have the 2GB data plan.

I haven't contacted AT&T customer service. I guess I should?
    11-13-10 05:47 PM
    That took me to the screen that offers Yahoo! email, AOL, Windows Live, or Other... there is where I was before... I choose other... and it didn't work, and above is the e-mail that I received.
    If I go to:

Setup > Email Accounts

I get the next screen:

Select the type of email account type

I chose internet mail account. Takes me to a screen to log into AT&T's bis site. From there I need to register(or login if you already have an account) on this site so I can initially setup my emails and device.

When I try to create my account by entering my PIN and IMEI I get the following error message:
    Your account is not accessible via HTML browswer. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.

How do I do that?

What I posted above is what this is asking you to do and what i was trying to get you to do.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-13-10 at 06:21 PM.
    11-13-10 06:18 PM
    I highly recommend that you do not set up your email through the BIS website anymore. If you did have a BIS account in the past ask your provider technical help line to delete the account.

Any OS with 5 and up can register their email from the phone through the email set up app. NO MORE BIS LOGIN! Hooray! What happened in the past is that most people don't remember their BIS login name or password. This new system makes it easier to register your email right from your phone.
    11-13-10 06:37 PM
    I highly recommend that you do not set up your email through the BIS website anymore. If you did have a BIS account in the past ask your provider technical help line to delete the account.

Any OS with 5 and up can register their email from the phone through the email set up app. NO MORE BIS LOGIN! Hooray! What happened in the past is that most people don't remember their BIS login name or password. This new system makes it easier to register your email right from your phone.

When you use the setup app all it's doing is logging you into the carriers bis site. I know I do it all the time (both ways)to resend my service books and play with my filters. lol You do need to use the setup app first if your a first time user though. If your not a first time user and you login through the app it asks if you just want to switch pins.
    11-13-10 06:42 PM
    I have the 2GB data plan.
    HOLLY COW !!! what are you doing with all the data plan man are you watching movies , i wish i could see in Canada same data plans to .

BTW if you don't mind and be honest how much you pay for you plan and is a contract ?
    11-14-10 01:12 AM
    HOLLY COW !!! what are you doing with all the data plan man are you watching movies , i wish i could see in Canada same data plans to .

BTW if you don't mind and be honest how much you pay for you plan and is a contract ?
    I do not have a Torch, but I have the old unlimited data plan. I've used over 3GB in this billing cycle and did in the last one also. I do not tether or watch movies. I stream Pandora and download podcasts. I subscribe to 5 different podcasts, and they have a new episode each week. Each podcast uses around 70MB, plus I can easily use 80MB/day streaming Pandora. My data plan is $30/month, but it is no longer offered to new customers.
    11-14-10 01:32 AM
    This is for Blackberry torch 9800. Hi all my problem is when I go to set up my email on my device it prompt me to update email set up so I download the update to only get the blackberry start up screen it goes all the way to the end like it will load up but doesn't and then it don't go any further as if it crashed. I then have to reinstall the main os system. I've tried it several times to only have to do it all over again. Anyone else have had this issue
    06-27-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD