Hey all. Heres pretty much the script with my problem.

Ive handed my blackberry torch into o2 shop to be sent for repair. Now my question is about the problem with the phone.

Now its going to "anovo" which tbh ive heard more bad than good with that place. Semingly they like to use the "water damage" excuse and expect a fee for it to be fixed. Anyway this is whats wrong,

The screen wont work. The keypad and call/hangup lights were working. Was recieving texts and calls but obviously couldnt see as the screens not working. Im pretty sure i need a new lcd screen. Now questions.

Do you think theyll fix this or is it going to be classed as to expesive to fix or classed as water damaged? Which it most certainly isnt that. 110%.

So has this happened to anyone before? If so was it fixed ect?

All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    08-19-11 01:31 PM
    Is the phone going in as a warranty repair? If so O2 franchises usually send the phone back to RIM and they just replace. If it's an actual O2 store it will go direct to O2. Anovo is the O2 logistics tool so I'm going to say it's going to O2. If it comes back not repaired take it to a franchise. There is a store list on the O2 website and a quick call to ask whether they are franchise will save a wasted journey.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 02:42 PM
    One obvious question.....has the phone been water damaged? Will the indicators show moisture?
    08-19-11 03:26 PM
    One obvious question.....has the phone been water damaged? Will the indicators show moisture?
    Nah mate no water damage atall but on o2 forum alot o people are saying theyve recieved here phone back un repaired due to water damage when they cant stress enough there was no water damage. Just abit worrying.
    08-19-11 04:51 PM
    Is the phone going in as a warranty repair? If so O2 franchises usually send the phone back to RIM and they just replace. If it's an actual O2 store it will go direct to O2. Anovo is the O2 logistics tool so I'm going to say it's going to O2. If it comes back not repaired take it to a franchise. There is a store list on the O2 website and a quick call to ask whether they are franchise will save a wasted journey.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah mate. Only had it 5 month, no insurance on it but its under factory warranty, says so on my recipt anyway. Really hope its repaired or replaced.
    08-19-11 04:53 PM
    And it doesnt help when o2 tracking system is saying they cant find my details. Jeeso.
    08-20-11 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD