I updated my Blackberry Torch with software version 6.0.0.2949 and now each time I slide the screen up, the phone just freezes and does not do anythign until I put the slider down again and everything is back to normal.
    The only thing I can use is the touchscreen and thats it, the keypads are not functional when the slider is up.

The problem occured when updating the phone to the latest version when I connected the Torch to Desktop Manager.
    11-05-11 04:06 AM
    Try to reinstall ?
    11-05-11 04:22 PM
    Btw the software 6.0.0.2949 doesn't exists yet for the torch, u mean the bundle, but I guess its the newer one, yeah, try to reload it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 08:53 PM
    Btw the software 6.0.0.2949 doesn't exists yet for the torch, u mean the bundle, but I guess its the newer one, yeah, try to reload itv

I tried the reinstall with the loader app but it seems like nutin has changed as the problem is still there.

Can someone please guide me as this is so annoyying now.

11-06-11 05:10 AM
    Hi Ozzie,

I don't have a solution, just some info.
    I'm on Vodafone UK & bundle 2949, Torch 9800; I just tried it and with the physical keyboard out both that & the touch screen work fine when creating and sending a txt.

So it seems not to be a general problem.

You've probably been here already but:-
    I guess the phys keyboard did work on a previous OS?
    If so roll back the OS and see if it still does work; that rules out a hardware fault.
    Do you have 3rd party apps?
    Re load as vanilla with no apps; try it; load app; try it... as so on; it may an app is causing it?
    11-06-11 05:36 AM
    Yeah, u can check the bb desktop software and then u can downgrade the OS from there

11-06-11 07:00 AM
    Yeah, u can check the bb desktop software and then u can downgrade the OS from there

This problem only occured after updateing the os.

How can I ungrade to the previous os, or shall I do a fresh os install.

11-08-11 06:51 PM
    Can someone please help on how i can downgrade to the older version, so i can get my fone working again.

thanks
    11-17-11 05:31 PM
    on the desktop manager with the device connected on the device options u will see one i think its update, mine is in spanish so i cant tell u exact name, its the one between the 2 lines, in there, u will see a popup message telling u u already have the latest OS and then in there u can click on check older versions, on the screen where it asks u to enter email
    11-18-11 05:33 AM
    on the desktop manager with the device connected on the device options u will see one i think its update, mine is in spanish so i cant tell u exact name, its the one between the 2 lines, in there, u will see a popup message telling u u already have the latest OS and then in there u can click on check older versions, on the screen where it asks u to enter email
    Thank you very much this has helped me alot and have now managed to downgrade.
    11-19-11 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD