I may have the title wrong (sorry) Last Nov. I called at&t the day the 9700 came out and told them I was a "premium" (????) member and got the 9700 2 weeks earlier than I should have. Are they going to be selling the Torch early to "premium" members ?
    08-03-10 03:21 PM
    I think I'm also a 'Premium' account holder, how can I check?

Either way, it'd be very cool if you (and I) could get the Torch almost two weeks early
    08-03-10 03:25 PM
    How DO YOU know if you're premier or not?
    08-03-10 03:29 PM
    Its premier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 03:30 PM
    How do you know though?
    08-03-10 03:32 PM
    I just did a search & your right it is premier---so does anyone know if the Torch is going to be available to premier members earlier that Aug 13?

I Just told at&t I was a premier member and got put through to the premier section and ordered my 9700--hoping to have the same luck this time!!!
    08-03-10 03:34 PM
    Yeah I got mine 2 days ahead of time last year also. Not sure if this is the case this year. I just want my exception upgrade instead of early adopting.

08-03-10 03:39 PM
    Yeah I got mine 2 days ahead of time last year also. Not sure if this is the case this year. I just want my exception upgrade instead of early adopting.

I'm a premier customer as well and want the exception upgrade too!
    08-03-10 03:40 PM
    If you log into your account and click on the upgrade link. When it verifies your status and takes you to the phone section it will say Premier or it wont. Typically premier customers are ones that have a discount through their company. I don't know of other ways to become a premier member.
    08-03-10 05:16 PM
    premier customers were told they could order it early via AT&T's promo page for the 9700. if AT&T doesn't mention it for this phone, then it's not going to happen.

you're premier if you signed up for it via a .edu or other qualifying email address, or have your phone plan through your company/corporation, or a few other qualifications. if you don't know, you probably don't have it.

and for the record, AT&T allowed premier people to get the phone ONE week early.
    08-03-10 06:24 PM
    One week? 2 days was enough for me haha.
    08-03-10 07:44 PM
    i guess that's not going to be the case this time w/ the Torch
    08-03-10 08:44 PM
    Well the phone is releasing next week, so that's a plus. Just also realized my upgrade is not this november, but 2011 november.

What can I do?
    08-03-10 08:45 PM
    im a premier member too, my upgrade is not til December...i wonder what the price will be?
    08-03-10 08:59 PM
    Well the phone is releasing next week, so that's a plus. Just also realized my upgrade is not this november, but 2011 november.

What can I do?
    not much, other than paying the full price
    08-03-10 09:08 PM
    im a premier member too, my upgrade is not til December...i wonder what the price will be?
    Lucky you, you might get an exception upgrade if you ask at an AT&T store. Should be $75 on top of the $199 price.
    08-03-10 09:12 PM
    i wish my premier membership can prevent my calls from being dropped..
    otherwise it's just another name.. that has no use to me.
    08-03-10 09:13 PM
    i wish my premier membership can prevent my calls from being dropped..
    otherwise it's just another name.. that has no use to me.
    I find that I get faster customer support on the phone though.
    08-03-10 09:15 PM
    really? i haven't noticed that.
    do they know through our numbers?
    or do you have to say that you're a premiere member..

if i remember it correctly.
    whenever i call..
    i will input my number.. and i'll get a computer response stating
    the next available representative is in 3 minutes
    08-03-10 09:24 PM
    Well, I just call the regular number and it says "Welcome to AT&T Premier"
    08-03-10 11:00 PM
    I've noticed this as well. Today in particular, I waited on the Premier line for less than 2 minutes, but when I called without putting in my number, just as a potential customer, I was on hold longer than it took to answer and finish the call with the premier line.
    08-04-10 03:40 AM
    Why ATT dont make like they do to the iphone 3g/3gs users went the 4g arrives. the users who can upgrade any time on 2010 can preoder the 4g in my case i can renew contrat or make a early upgrade on december 31 2010.
    08-04-10 09:13 AM
    I asked on at&t's facebook page... the rep who answered said it will be $499 without contract. Sigh.
    I am not eligible until November because I got a 9700 last November. So, I guess I'll just have that upgrade available for the next new BB hotness.
    08-04-10 06:11 PM
    Look what I just got in the e-mail....

Introducing the BlackBerry Torch
    Research In Motion� (RIM) and AT&T invite you to attend the exclusive unveiling of the BlackBerry� Torch�

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dear Customer,
    You're invited to attend this exclusive BlackBerry and AT&T event celebrating the launch of the new BlackBerry Torch, the first BlackBerry with a full touch screen and QWERTY keyboard -- brought to you exclusively by AT&T.
    The innovative BlackBerry Torch brings the introduction of BlackBerry 6 for a more visual, fluid and dynamic user experience highlighted by our new browser, universal search, and collaborative messaging -- with many more features we are excited to share with you. Learn how the unique combination of touch screen with full BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard and BlackBerry 6 deliver a complete experience for you and your enterprise.

Please RSVP immediately to the invitation only event, hosted by RIM and AT&T, and including an address from Coach K (Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski). Don't miss this opportunity to be among the first to experience the BlackBerry Torch.
    We look forward to seeing you at this premier event.

I hope that they are handing thme out at this event!
    08-04-10 06:56 PM
    I called At&t (I have a premier business account) and they gave me the early upgrade exception. How the heck can I pre order this thing? The sales dept at premier had no info on the phone what so ever

Where do you preorder through ?
    08-04-10 07:09 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD