I was curious if there are any good pre paid companies that I can unlock my torch to use. I am with att and contract is expiring. I want to use pre paid because I do not talk on the phone a lot and use data more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 10:31 AM
    What country are you planning to use the device in?

In the US, there are no GSM providers that offer BlackBerry Data on pre-paid.

TMobile used to offer BlackBerry data on the Even More Plus Plan (which were pre-paid), but they discontinued them recently. But you might try calling them and see if you can get that plan.
    05-28-11 01:57 PM
    If your contract is up, call them and get the smallest voice plan, with a data add on...

Up here in the great white north, telus has a $20/mo voice plan, and you can add on a 100mb data plan for $10

See if att offers a similar minimal monthly plan... Going prepaid would cost at least that anyways

05-29-11 12:25 AM
    What country are you planning to use the device in?

In the US, there are no GSM providers that offer BlackBerry Data on pre-paid.

TMobile used to offer BlackBerry data on the Even More Plus Plan (which were pre-paid), but they discontinued them recently. But you might try calling them and see if you can get that plan.
    Tmobile has new pre-paid plans that will have BlackBerry data. They have revamped the Even More Plus Plans, named it something different, and all the jazz. You have to actually visit the store to get the BlackBerry data portion squared away.

05-29-11 12:34 AM
    05-29-11 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD