I was hoping that someone with inside knowledge of ATT could help me out.

I will be traveling out of state on the 12th and was wondering if I HAVE to pre-order at a store to help my odds of getting a unit that day?

I need to purchase two units and was planning on being there (at a store) before they open. I have been reading a lot about these pre-orders and want to make sure I can get two on that day.

I appreciate any insights. I'm trying to plan since I won't be at home. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 07:15 PM
    The pre-orders are being done at Best Buy, not ATT corporate stores. From what I understand, the AT&T stores are not doing preorders.
    08-08-10 07:20 PM
    AT&T stores are not doing pre-order which I made a point of asking when I went to test the Torch yesterday. I don't think you will have a problem since this will be a launch and so the stores should have a fair few. Unfortunately, BB don't sell like the i4.
    08-08-10 07:23 PM
    AT&T corporate stores have NEVER done pre-orders. First come, first serve.
    08-09-10 05:13 AM
    For that matter, there are no pre-orders on the AT&T web site. They still show you the same six BBs.
    08-09-10 06:06 AM
    Is it not necassary to do a pre-order? I am purchasing 2 as well but was debating pre-ordering from best buy rather than going to ATT in the evening after work. The only thing is Best Buy is about 20 minutes further than ATT which is about 10 minutes up the road. But like I said i wont be getting to ATT until like 6pm. The ATT store said they will have "ample stock" according to the manager.
    08-09-10 07:57 AM
    Is it not necassary to do a pre-order? I am purchasing 2 as well but was debating pre-ordering from best buy rather than going to ATT in the evening after work. The only thing is Best Buy is about 20 minutes further than ATT which is about 10 minutes up the road. But like I said i wont be getting to ATT until like 6pm. The ATT store said they will have "ample stock" according to the manager.
    I really don't think you need to worry about it.
    08-09-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD