Anyone have any issues with Poynt on the Torch? I installed Poynt v1.5.4.12 and the trackpad doesn't seem fully functional when navigating through the menus. Say if I go to Movies, I can't click on the trackpad to select any of the options, like "Movies Near Me" or "Theaters Near Me." Instead, I have to select the option using the touchscreen. Then when I go to theaters or movies, the touchpad can only highlight the first theater/movie, then jumps to "More" at the bottom instead of the next theater/movie when you try scrolling down. At least here I can click on the trackpad to bring up the popup menu, though only for that first item on the list. I can move through the lists by flicking up/down on the touchscreen, but if I try to highlight an item by touching it, it always brings up the popup menu, which is annoying when all I want to do is see the movie times, which would be displayed just by highlighting the item.
    08-16-10 03:54 PM
    I just checked and I have the same issue. I contacted their support desk.
    08-16-10 04:14 PM
    [QUOTE=Qbnkelt;5473405]I just checked and I have the same issue. I contacted their support desk.[/QUOT

I also just checked and have the same problem. Support needs to get on this problem. The 9800 Torch with the ability to use Touch, Track pad and keyboard for functions is a NEW BREED.
    08-16-10 04:34 PM
    I just checked my Poynt app after reading this topic, and I also suffer from these minor bugs. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
    08-16-10 04:42 PM
    Noticed this very same problem last night. This is an awesome application and when these little problems are fixed it will work great on the Torch.
    08-16-10 04:50 PM
    Hi there,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in Poynt for the Blackberry Torch (9800)!

You should be able to download our new version of Poynt for BB 9800 through our site at m.mypoynt.com in your BB Browser. A fully OS 6 Compatible version of the app should be out by September
    08-16-10 05:46 PM
    H mmm I don't have that issue at all! Just checked it and the trackpad works fine.
    08-16-10 06:39 PM
    Hi everyone,

On behalf of Poynt, I apologize for any problems that you may be having with our preliminary version of the app for Blackberry Torch!

We are aware of a few consistent bugs and our development team is working very hard to fix them all on the next version for Torch, which will be fully-compatible with OS-6. Expect this to be released in early September!

Again, we appreciate your patience and your interest in Poynt!

-Don @ Poynt Support
    08-17-10 04:19 PM
    Have the same problem. Can't wait for an update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 04:33 PM
    Same here. At least they are aware and working to get a patch done.
    08-17-10 05:28 PM
    reverse lookup is not working, and they are on it to fix it
    08-17-10 05:35 PM
    thank you very much don
    08-17-10 05:48 PM
    first off, yours is a very good - free - app! definately value added all the way around. i emailed poynt support when i first noted issues with my torch and don has echoed comments i received in an email from support!

very classy! very encouraging!

thanks and look forward to the update!
    08-17-10 08:54 PM
    Yup - got the same response. At least they're staying on point. uuummm...no pun intended....

Hi Lilyth,

Thank you for your email.

We have made the current version of Poynt (1.5.4.12) available for BlackBerry 9800 Torch users, but a few compatibility issues are known to occur, including the trackpad problems you are experiencing. Please stay tuned - a fully OS 6 Compatible version of the app should be out by September. We will add your name to the email list and let you know when it is available.

Please let us know if you experience any other difficulty; user feedback plays an important role in enhancements and additions to Poynt.

Enjoy your day,

The Poynt Support Team

e: [email protected]
    w: Poynt is a free local search application for your iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone.

Follow Poynt on Twitter!

Share your Get There moments on Facebook!
    08-18-10 12:58 PM
    I don't have this issue and this is one of the first apps I've downloaded when I got my Torch. Poynt knew this phone was coming... tsk, tsk to them for not being fully prepared! At least they are trying to fix it for those who do have the problem!

I love this app! You rock Don!
    Last edited by TrueHappiness; 08-18-10 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Didn't finish typing
    08-18-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD