I used the Powermat for my Bold 9000 and now would like to utilize it for my upgraded Torch 9800 (which i love btw). I see mixed responses about if they have them or not. I personally cant find the receiver door for my 9800. Does anyone know if this is available or not? I'm sending this question to Powermat as well, but hopefully someone can save me the trouble.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 12:44 PM
    Probably going to require several people to contact them to spark interest and get the ball rolling.
    12-13-10 12:45 PM
    yeah i cant find it anywhere on their website, wonder if the bold 9700 door would fit.

all you fellow torch fans out there, help out!! even if you dont really want the powermat... just send a quick email asking about it

Powermat Wireless Charging

12-13-10 12:53 PM
    yeah i cant find it anywhere on their website, wonder if the bold 9700 door would fit.
    Um, no not even at all.

They will make a PowerMat door for the 9800 - just a matter of time.
    12-13-10 12:54 PM
    yeah i figured, just wishful thinking i hope they come out with it soon, might just get the pod temporarily, i just hate putting the usb port through abuse, i never have luck with them...

12-13-10 01:07 PM
    If only Powermat had followed through with their "powerpak" design, then we could have had a solution. They showed it in Jan/2010 but I never heard anything after that :

Powermat’s new Powerpak batteries – The best thing in wireless charging since magnetic induction!
    Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 12-13-10 at 03:48 PM.
    12-13-10 03:44 PM
    I've also been hanging out for that Powerpak thing that was announced at CES at the beginning of the year. That would have been a great solution.

When I moved from Bold to Torch, my Powermat basically became a dust tray. I tried just plugging in, but the USB port was already starting to show wear after just a week. Instead, I highly recommend the docking station. It plugs the device in through the USB port without any sort of pressure on the USB socket, and it's not terribly expensive...
    12-13-10 05:05 PM
    i just picked up the oem docking station... not too bad for the mean time. although when im docking the phone in the dark, i feel like i'm chewing up the usb port trying to align it!! :P i hope powermat comes out with a solution quick, i miss the drop and go on the powermat, and hearing the tron-like sound notification.
    12-21-10 01:23 PM
    is it me or does anyone else have to tug the phone pretty hard just to get it off the dock?? ive got to hold down the dock and lift, rather than simply lifting off. frustrated. i need the powermat!! :P
    12-28-10 12:51 PM
    yeah i figured, just wishful thinking i hope they come out with it soon, might just get the pod temporarily, i just hate putting the usb port through abuse, i never have luck with them...

I contacted them about this and PowerMat replied that the Torch 9800 Receiver Door is coming in March 2011.

Full Disclosure: I write for a different cellular blog but I'm not going to mention names or link URLs. If you Google it I am sure you can find my post with all the details I got.

Also, I didn't contact PowerMat looking for a story but once I got that answer and after I had seen this thread in my search for a 9800 PowerMat accessory I figured I'd write about it - and come back and tell y'all!

Mods: I hope everything I wrote in this post is OK. If I violated a posting rule by mentioning (and not linkning to) another cellular blog - sorry.
    genomalice likes this.
    01-05-11 03:46 PM
    Are the "receiver doors" flush just like oem?

do you still use oenm battery? how's this work exactly and if you set it on a powermat while still in holster will it still charch or does it have to have the bare receiver door flush against the matt?
    01-05-11 09:07 PM
    The idea of the Powermat is pretty cool, but I just don't get what's so hard about laying the phone on the same table and just plug it in as normal? Am I missing the point? Is this only ideal if you have multiple devices?
    01-06-11 09:07 AM
    Basically. One mat + 1 cable to charge multiple devices instead of having to plug and unplug several different chargers.
    01-06-11 11:10 AM
    The idea of the Powermat is pretty cool, but I just don't get what's so hard about laying the phone on the same table and just plug it in as normal? Am I missing the point? Is this only ideal if you have multiple devices?
    Multiple devices and its a bit more convenient. Notice the plug for the torch can only go in one way. I don't know how many times I've attempted to plug on the cord to realize I had to flip it to get it in correctly.

01-06-11 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD