Performed a full backup then a wipe of BlackBerry Torch. After the wipe, I did a selective backup (text messages, mms, etc.) The user had several pictures saved on the device itself (not the media card) and they did not appear after selective restore. I tried to restore "Content Manager" but that did not work either. Are the pictures gone? Help!!!
    01-20-11 11:10 PM
    Performed a full backup then a wipe of BlackBerry Torch. After the wipe, I did a selective backup (text messages, mms, etc.) The user had several pictures saved on the device itself (not the media card) and they did not appear after selective restore. I tried to restore "Content Manager" but that did not work either. Are the pictures gone? Help!!!
    An OS wipe doesnt touch the on-board device memory at all, no matter how you wipe it, unless you formatted the on-board memory (separately). The pictures should be there, or they were manually deleted, or they never existed, or they were on the memory card which was removed, or the on-board memory crapped itself out and the partition went downhill (which sometimes happens with the memory cards), or it magically reformatted itself, or the pictures are hidden. I dont know

Desktop manager has an option called "include: files saved on my built-in media storage" on the selective restore page. Its right above the list. It shows only if the backup has the .cab file of the backed up on-board memory.
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-21-11 at 12:03 AM.
    01-20-11 11:56 PM
    Correction...I saw Content Manager in my original post...I meant Content Store.
    01-21-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD