Hi i have a blackberry torch and got the volume set to 10 but is there any way of making it more as sometimes i don't hear until its to late
    12-05-10 12:37 PM
    Nope. Perhaps you should get your ears checked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 01:44 PM
    Disregard above answer (Some people just love to give answers when they have no clue about what they are saying.)

Are you using a stock ringtone or is it a custom ringtone. If you are having trouble with a stock ringtone then you might want to see if it is the OS. What OS are you using? There were some audio problems on OS earlier than .225.
    If it is a custom ringtone then you might want to switch to another one.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-05-10 at 01:54 PM.
    cornish likes this.
    12-05-10 01:50 PM
    Nope. Perhaps you should get your ears checked?

Not very nice. You might want to try being a bit more polite.

As far as the volume on the torch I also find it a bit low. No different then my old 8310 curve though.

cornish likes this.
    12-05-10 01:50 PM
    If you can't hear your tome and its custom.....try changing the volume before you send it through.

cornish likes this.
    12-05-10 02:08 PM
    Are there any apps that raise the volume level? I did a quick app world search and didnt find anything
    12-05-10 02:10 PM
    Hi thanks for all the replies i am not sure what OS i have can you tell me how to check please ?and yes its a custom ring tone
    Last edited by cornish; 12-05-10 at 02:47 PM.
    12-05-10 02:24 PM
    Options>Device>About Device Versions>Should say 6.0 Bundle(v6.0.0.XXX). Your OS is the v6.0.0.XXX.

But if it is a custom ringtone then that might be the problem. Change to a stock ringtone and see if the volume is OK. If it is OK then you need to get another custom ringtone that is properly recorded.
    cornish likes this.
    12-05-10 02:47 PM
    i seem to be having a problem with the speaker volume. i cant hear people on the other end of the phone too well :s
    12-05-10 02:49 PM
    Hi yes V6.0.0.246 bundle 695 and i have tired standard ring tones but not happy with them. the orange answer phone does not help much as it kicks in after 30 secs
    12-05-10 02:51 PM
    Hi yes V6.0.0.246 bundle 695 and i have tired standard ring tones but not happy with them. the orange answer phone does not help much as it kicks in after 30 secs
    I would look for another ringtone that you like and see if it helps. I am fairly sure that it is the particular ringtone that you are using that is causing the problem (and not the OS).

Have you looked for ringtones here:
    Free Ringtones - CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com

or here:

Myxer - Ringtones
    cornish likes this.
    12-05-10 03:12 PM
    i seem to be having a problem with the speaker volume. i cant hear people on the other end of the phone too well :s
    Regular handset mode, or speakerphone? Try both. Also try using a bluetooth headset (or hands free in the car). That should help you pin down the problem.

Also try playing the pre-loaded sample music, see if there's a problem there.
    12-05-10 03:18 PM
    I would look for another ringtone that you like and see if it helps. I am fairly sure that it is the particular ringtone that you are using that is causing the problem (and not the OS).

Have you looked for ringtones here:
    Free Ringtones - CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com

or here:

Myxer - Ringtones
    Thanks will take a look now
    12-05-10 03:28 PM
    Wow... Chill out people. That first response was meant to be very tongue-in-cheek.

12-05-10 05:50 PM
    Wow... Chill out people. That first response was meant to be very tongue-in-cheek.

The OP was asking for help (that's what this forum is for); not for rude remarks with no assistance!
    Apologies work better than telling us to "chill".

12-05-10 06:16 PM
    Just wanted to say thank you to tellsells for the links and the others who replied i now have a great ring tone that i can hear
    12-06-10 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD