I'll compose a new text and send it. The recipient will receive around half of the new text and the other half will be of an older message that I've even deleted from the phone. It use to put the old message half in front of the new one, but now seems to be sporadic in the order it puts it in. It use to happen a few times a week, and is now a daily occurance.

I called AT&T and talked to a 4 different people. Neither one has ever heard of this issue. And, it is an issue. It gets me in trouble, and I'm getting rather pissed off about it.

My understanding is AT&T does not store text messages after the recipient receives it, but I'm having my doubts, unless it truly is my phone. The only way I know to delete messages or conversations, is the one time in the list of messages. I use to have an Epix, running Windows, and I had to delete it from the inbox, then from the deleted items.

Any ideas?
    01-26-11 10:12 AM
    I have never heard of this issue. I would take a backup via the DM and then delete all your SMS threads and see if it still happens.

Quick way is to go to the Text Message listing. Go to the top (latest) date. Hit the trakpad and choose "full menu" then choose "delete prior".
    01-27-11 11:09 PM
    I have having the exact same problem. Three different old text msgs to diff people end up mixed with a new text to a new person. Please let me know if you find a solution. I am on Verizon so I don't think it's a carrier problem. I have a Bold 9650.
    01-30-11 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD