lets make this shortish. i bought this phone off a friend around christmas of 2011. spent around �150+ on repairs that i did myself. i am very good with tech, i was even offered a job at T-mobile. anyway so a couple of months ago my main slider flex ribbon cable got damaged from the rain so i went ahead and replaced it, after i replaced it i realised my front row buttons wouldnt light up so i replaced those, but i found these would never turn off... and even till today, the front row lights only go off when the battery is out. recently it developed a problem with fuzzy sound from the earpiece in calls. so i went ahead and bought a new earpiece and main flex cable. i thought the flex would fix the front row buttons and the earpiece would fix the fuzzyness. installed both and both problems still exist! i still dont understand what is with the fuzzy earpiece... i ordered a new front row buttons to see if these will actually switch off when thier meant to... its annoying me how much ive spent and it still manages to break. any ideas with the fuzzy earpiece and the front row buttons not turning off? i will be reinstalling os again soon but note this never fixed the front row light issue
    03-21-13 05:29 PM
    should've waited for the Z10 eh
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-21-13 06:36 PM
    lets make this shortish. i bought this phone off a friend around christmas of 2011. spent around �150+ on repairs that i did myself. i am very good with tech, i was even offered a job at T-mobile. anyway so a couple of months ago my main slider flex ribbon cable got damaged from the rain so i went ahead and replaced it, after i replaced it i realised my front row buttons wouldnt light up so i replaced those, but i found these would never turn off... and even till today, the front row lights only go off when the battery is out. recently it developed a problem with fuzzy sound from the earpiece in calls. so i went ahead and bought a new earpiece and main flex cable. i thought the flex would fix the front row buttons and the earpiece would fix the fuzzyness. installed both and both problems still exist! i still dont understand what is with the fuzzy earpiece... i ordered a new front row buttons to see if these will actually switch off when thier meant to... its annoying me how much ive spent and it still manages to break. any ideas with the fuzzy earpiece and the front row buttons not turning off? i will be reinstalling os again soon but note this never fixed the front row light issue
    Well jeez...did your friend not take good care of this? This thing sounds like a lemon...
    03-21-13 08:39 PM
    any ideas how to fix these problems?
    03-22-13 04:17 AM
    should've waited for the Z10 eh
    no money for the z10
    03-22-13 04:18 AM
    you might just have a lemon
    03-23-13 01:15 AM
    There is a switch or sensor that tells the phone whether the slider is open or not. That must be broken. It broke on my son's phone and BlackBerry fixed it. I suspect it is from using a clip on two piece case that either breaks the switch or puts it out of, alignment.
    03-24-13 07:46 AM
    There is a switch or sensor that tells the phone whether the slider is open or not. That must be broken. It broke on my son's phone and BlackBerry fixed it. I suspect it is from using a clip on two piece case that either breaks the switch or puts it out of, alignment.
    i use a tpu case and there soft so i doubt they would break this switch. i have never heard of this switch/sensor and i know this phone well. if i assume ur right then my onscreen keyboard would open if the phone didnt know if it was slide up or not. but i been even when the phone is on stanby the front row button lights are on?
    03-24-13 06:20 PM
    The Torch 9800 is a great phone and will do you good in the long run. But how far into the long run, exactly, is this phone? You might do well to look for one that is being off loaded on the cheap by one of the many people who were waiting for the Z10 to be released. Now that they're live in the US market, I'd expect to see some being sold at a very reasonable price very soon. My Z10s are being delivered (finally) today. I have 2 Torches that will get sold eventually, but need to see how the Z10s do in our real world tests first. I'm sure others are in the same boat. My wife's Torch is perfect in form and function. Mine is a little rough to look at, but works fine. It does sound like you have either a lemon, or a Torch that is just worn out.
    Best of luck!
    Brian
    03-25-13 09:35 AM