Hi,

Here in the Philippines when you dial a mobile number, you need to prefix it with a zero. For example, if the mobile number is 917-111-2222, I will need to dial (from landline or mobile, doesn't matter) 09171112222. Now this presents a dilemma because I save contacts with country code. Like +639171112222. So, how do I make it so whether its 0917... Or +63917..., I want it to match the contact whether I have the contact saved with or without the country code.

Some help would be great!
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 11:01 AM
    Hi,
    What I did was I created 2 contact entries. Named: Kuya Int'l and Kuya (local). Or, you can select your contact >hilite the number>click BB button>Edit>then put the local number sequence in Home or Work or Mobile, whichever is empty>BB>save . Then just choose which number sequence to use/call when you bring up the contact. Hope this helps. Mabuhay!

Last edited by Berry New; 06-01-11 at 06:02 PM.
    06-01-11 04:11 PM
    Thanks Berry New! However, that seems like a cumbersome way out which could potentially be dangerous to me as I use Google sync too!

06-01-11 11:18 PM
    Wow thats strange using a globe sim and a vodafone Uk sim I have on my torch and plenty of other Mobiles in previous visits dialed a number with +63912345 format I just checked my phone log and its in that format. Of course the Vodafone UK it would work but looking at the log i would have had a Globe sim inside the Phone at the time.

Im pretty sure they were dialled from the memory of the phone which are all in +63 format.

I can rember making the calls as well at the time so they did go though..

Maybe the phone memory is changing them round to have the +63 number added??
    06-02-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD