When I pause a track while listening to an audio book for several hours (I'm not sure how long it takes) the media player doesn�t hold the pause point. It is annoying to try and find where I left off with tracks that are an hour long. Is there any way to increase this timeout? If not are they any of the media player apps that work good on the torch?
    08-29-11 03:00 PM
    I listen to a lot of Electronica which consists of tracks that can sometimes be 3 hours long and I have never had this problem. To pause the track you should use the upper right-hand mute button next to the lock button on the device and then only use the red End Call button to exit the application and NOT the back button. This will ensure that the app stays on in the background and keeps your pause point. If you should have to restart your device be sure to enter the media app and note your pause point. This has always worked for me. I hope it does the same for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 06:56 PM
    On most phones it is set to shut off after an idle period. While the player (or the music folder) is open go the options. It's the first option. Set it to off and the media will not close on you.

Also, instead of the end key just press and hold the BB menu key. That will show all open apps on the phone and make switching between them easier.
    08-30-11 06:01 AM
    That was what was causing my problems. It was set to shut off after a 45 min idle period. Thanks!
    08-30-11 08:13 AM
    You're welcome it took me a while to find it when I first got my phone. My 9700 never did that.
    08-30-11 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD