New BB user here.

I just got a torch, my first BB, and I am a bit concerned about it dialing while in my pocket. I slide it closed of course and use the lock button but I fear that lock button being pressed while in my pocket.

Can someone recommend an app that will install something like a quick password entry to lock and unlock the phone?

Is there such a thing?

Thanks!
    12-13-10 09:29 AM
    BerrySlider, or PatternLock will solve your problem.
    eighteez likes this.
    12-13-10 09:33 AM
    yu can also make a lock code liketype in letters or numbers doo yu want that??
    sedalia066 likes this.
    12-13-10 09:36 AM
    yeah, something that has to be typed in to unlock.

I'll check out those apps. Thanks!!!!
    12-13-10 09:40 AM
    There is already a password lock function on the torch. I have this function assigned to the right side button. Look for "Password lock" and tyhe padlock symbol under "All"
    eighteez and sedalia066 like this.
    12-13-10 09:48 AM
    yu can goo to the settings in yur torch and click on setup then on Password and create it
    sedalia066 likes this.
    12-13-10 09:49 AM
    awesome!

found the built in password lock feature. Assigned it to the button on the right and I'm in business.

Thanks all!
    12-13-10 09:56 AM
    dont forget to click the thanks icon
    eighteez likes this.
    12-13-10 09:59 AM
    ahhh got it.

12-13-10 10:05 AM
    yu can goo to the settings in yur torch and click on setup then on Password and create it
    The problem I have with the built in password lock function is that it is picky about what my password is. I want to enter a simple password like "a" just to stop the chance of an unlock while in my pocket. The Blackberry will not allow this as it requires the password be 4 digits long and the digits can not all be the same letter (ex: "aaaa"). Is there a way to stop the blackberry from caring what my password is? I do not understand why there would be any restrictions on this feature.
    12-17-10 03:14 PM
    ^^ Nope, because the default pw lock is supposed to be a serious pw since your device wipes itself on too many invalid entries (hence assuming you are protecting important data).

A single letter pw is way, way too easy to brute force. No companies would ever want a BB to allow that kind of PW. Just get pattern lock if you want a simple lock mechanism.
    Last edited by papped; 12-17-10 at 04:54 PM.
    rjs122 and diegonei like this.
    12-17-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD