Is it possible in any way to change the number of passcode attempts on the blackberry torch? Or are there any apps that work almost the same as the built in passcode lock, minus the part where it wipes the whole phone after only 10 tries. I want to make the phone useless to the person that has stolen my phone.

Thanks
    05-18-11 08:00 PM
    yeah there is... it should be under security settings
    05-18-11 09:13 PM
    yea protect it with Blackberry Protect
    05-18-11 09:29 PM
    yea protect it with Blackberry Protect
    I already do have it protected with Blackberry Protect. However there is no use to it, because after doing the password wrong 10 times, everything is deleted.
    05-18-11 10:58 PM
    I already do have it protected with Blackberry Protect. However there is no use to it, because after doing the password wrong 10 times, everything is deleted.
    so essentially you want the device to stay in an endless loop of having to ender a pssword versys wiping the phone, because after 10 tries it erases everything, and the theif has a brand new phone?

i get that, however, i would rather remotely wipe all my info, as without doing that the theif could possibly find a way to get to my info etc... while the device still has the info, behind a password..
    05-19-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD