I am brand new to the forum and am having a hard time setting up my Mom's Blackberry Torch.

We were told that it is compatible with Outlook Office 2007 but I am not sure how to set this up? I am trying to help her but am not very Savvy with this stuff either, Is there a way to do it? what is the easiest way? She had it setup with her old phone (Samsung jack) and really need to be able to use it with this phone as well.

Thanks in advance!
    01-13-11 04:37 PM
    I am brand new to the forum and am having a hard time setting up my Mom's Blackberry Torch.

We were told that it is compatible with Outlook Office 2007 but I am not sure how to set this up? I am trying to help her but am not very Savvy with this stuff either, Is there a way to do it? what is the easiest way? She had it setup with her old phone (Samsung jack) and really need to be able to use it with this phone as well.

Thanks in advance!
    Could you explain exactly what you are trying to achieve? Is is getting the Outlook Contacts and Calendar onto the Torch? Do you have Blackberry Desktop installed on your computer OK? Is the Torch recognised by Desktop OK?
    01-13-11 04:46 PM
    She wants it so that when she emails from the phone she is going through outlook not telus ( she has a telus email address) on her old phone this is how it was done she never emailed through telus, it was always through outlook.
    does this make sense?

we do have it installed ok on the desktop and we have imported the contacts ok already.
    01-13-11 04:54 PM
    She wants it so that when she emails from the phone she is going through outlook not telus ( she has a telus email address) on her old phone this is how it was done she never emailed through telus, it was always through outlook.
    does this make sense?

we do have it installed ok on the desktop and we have imported the contacts ok already.
    ?? the EMail can't go through Outlook as such - Outlook is on your Desktop, but your Torch is communicating direct to your BIS or BES service.
    For example, my Torch EMail appears to be 'using Outlook' solely because my BIS service uses the same EMail provider as my Outlook. Thus the two are linked. It is the BIS/BES service that you have to set up correctly.
    01-13-11 05:00 PM
    ok so how do I setup the BIS/BES service? and how do I know which I have.

Sorry - I really have no idea what I am doing, I was actually trying to hire someone to do this for us but cant find anyone local.

She wants to turn the phone on and be able to use it the same she was using her old phone.I dont even have a smartphone so am clueless here.
    01-13-11 05:05 PM
    I think I understand what you are trying to do, and if I am right, you don't need office to do it. Is your moms email a "POP" account? eg. [email protected] or [email protected]. Or is it web based? eg gmail, hotmail, etc.
    01-13-11 05:06 PM
    it is a telus email like - [email protected]

but her network is Fido
    01-13-11 05:09 PM
    I assume your blackberry carrier is Telus then? Your default blackberry email address would be [email protected] Do you have 2 telus email accounts?
    01-13-11 05:12 PM
    She purchased the phone from Telus, but had it unlocked since she is on the original city fido and wasnt willing to switch as her plan is so cheap!
    01-13-11 05:15 PM
    Does her plan include a blackberry service plan? if it doesn't, I don't think you can use the native email feature within a blackberry. I don't know if Fido offers BIS, maybe someone can chime in and let us know. If you have a BIS account, you will need your email password and your email server name. Go to home screen scroll down until you see "Setup" then go to "Email Accounts" then "Internet Mail Account". If you have a BIS account, then I think you will see your email account there. Click on "Set up another email account" Try that and see how you make out.
    01-13-11 05:23 PM
    Yes she has a blackberry service plan, I will try what you posted and see how it works. Thank you!
    01-13-11 05:25 PM
    So if Im understanding correctly, you want to add a telus email account to your blackberry? Should be easy enough. Just find out the pop3 or imap settings for telus.
    Email Clients | Internet | Help | TELUS

On the blackberry go to Setup, then Email accounts. Then Setup another email account. Then choose Other instead of Yahoo, Gmail, Aol..etc. Then just follow the steps and add the settings from the link.
    01-13-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD