Hi,

Do you think we can have OS 7 for our torch 9800's?

I wish we can..

Cheers
    h
    10-14-11 02:07 AM
    possible, but it will be laggy in my eyes..
    10-14-11 03:09 AM
    Have a look at the Berrylicious Hybrid, its a good mix of OS6 and 7, works really well.
    10-14-11 03:34 AM
    Ayy....again and again -_- anybody add the facepalm to the icon selection..
    10-14-11 03:39 AM
    Hi,

I wish we can..

Cheers
    h
    I am going to get blasted for this, but Mr. Newbie, read the rules of the forums and learn how to use the search engine. This has been posted 10,000 freaking times, OS7 will not work on your phone, ever, never, ever, never. There are some hybrids that people experiment with, they are in a different forum if you like some of the features, but the actual OS cannot run due to the processor/screen upgrade in the 9810 vs. the 9800. For the 10,000th time, if you want the real OS7, but a 9810, download a hybrid if you know what you are doing (very doubtful), or read the endless posts answering the same question. If you read the manual with your Torch as well as you read the way post on the forums I would suppose you aren't doing very well with your phone.
    10-14-11 05:43 AM
    How many times????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 06:19 AM
    I'm still hoping to see 6.1 come out for the 9800. Sure it won't have everything like os7, but give us some things like the updated look, the ability to remove the panels... Stuff like that.

10-14-11 06:20 AM
    How many times????

Actually 8 different threads in the first two pages after typing in "search": os 7 on 9800, but who's counting?
    piper975 likes this.
    10-14-11 06:30 AM
    How many times????

Ok, so I was taking dramatic license.....but check this question on all of the different forums for all of the different phones that cannot run OS7 and it is a lot. Just trying to make a point, the search function is very easy to use and quite useful, but I guess it's always just easier to post the same question over and over rather than do a bit of homework.
    10-14-11 08:03 AM
    Actually 8 different threads in the first two pages after typing in "search": os 7 on 9800, but who's counting?
    Try typing it in for all the other models and I guarantee you it will be a LOT more than 8.
    10-14-11 08:04 AM
    Some people could be new to forums and not really understand how it works, using search should be the 1st thing done. However if you read post in in other threads they can be confusing to a person that's not software friendly. Have a great weekend!
    10-14-11 08:21 AM
    Some people could be new to forums and not really understand how it works, using search should be the 1st thing done. However if you read post in in other threads they can be confusing to a person that's not software friendly. Have a great weekend!
    There are VERY clear instuctions on how to use the search function for 'Newbies', it does require a bit of reading though. Kind of like being new to anything, first read the instructions, and then if you don't understand, post.
    piper975 likes this.
    10-14-11 09:02 AM
    Another forym about this.. I thought it was pretty clear when the first how Amy forum asking the same thing

10-14-11 10:37 AM
    9800 will have special OS, " THE OS 8 "
    haha
    no OS7...
    rfalter likes this.
    10-14-11 11:20 AM
    Try typing it in for all the other models and I guarantee you it will be a LOT more than 8.
    Yeah, about 9,992!
    rfalter likes this.
    10-14-11 03:34 PM
    Who cares if this is the bizillian time it has been asked? U have two options,
    1answer the question
    2ignore it was ever asked
    Why go over how it should have been search and how ppl need to search. U actually sound like the person asking the question.
    How many times someone is gonna post the same response: search the search engine.
    Ppl get so ******* paranoid man.
    Answer the question or don't!

D-CELL and Alex Mela like this.
    10-14-11 08:02 PM
    1answer the question
    Why go over how it should have been search and how ppl need to search. U actually sound like the person asking the question.
    How many times someone is gonna post the same response: search the search engine.

The question was answered with the first and second responses. And you do have more than the two options.
    1. Answer the question.
    2. ignore the question.
    3. Don't answer the question but instruct the person to use the search button to find the answer.
    4. Answer the question but instruct the poster about the search function.
    5. Don't answer the question and attack those who do respond with the accusation of "Ppl get so ******* paranoid man" which is the wrong diagnosis. Paranoia isn't the problem. Paranoid means you have two noids. Paranoia is in very simple terms, a mental disorder characterized by delusions of granduer or of persecution.

I think there was some frustration revealed in the responses that people just don't look before they ask. Now granted the response could have been a little more gentle, and a little less pointed, but all in all, I thought the responses were clear, corrective, and even with a little humor.
    10-15-11 09:03 AM
    Just buy the iP4s and call it a day

10-16-11 04:00 AM
    i think we all can just dream the 9800 get os 7.. but we know anything below 9700 sure isn't getting it so you might as well give up on that dream lol..
    10-16-11 04:15 AM
    I'm still hoping to see 6.1 come out for the 9800. Sure it won't have everything like os7, but give us some things like the updated look, the ability to remove the panels... Stuff like that.

I'm sure you know that 6.1 was leaked as the new OS that was 7.0 when RIM released it finally.
    10-16-11 08:37 PM
    Hi,

I wish we can..

Cheers
    h
    Dude what I recommend, download an OS 7ish theme on your torch, and boom, some images and ur done, seriously the only difference is the graphics.... The browser works awesomely well on this OS7ish theme I have active now, its really smooth and everything... The sliding on the home screen too... So it works well, only thing I may miss from OS7 is the awesome wikitude browser.... But, apart from that...

Download the theme and u'll b happy, so u wait untill a newer OS comes out

10-17-11 10:48 AM
    Nope! System won't take.
    10-18-11 03:27 AM
    1answer the question

Agree with you. What some people don't understand is that a forum is for conversation to some people, not a search engine. It may be annoying to the OP that people post in his/her thread with out posting an answer

10-20-11 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD