After upgrading to .214 yesterday I stumbled on a browser fix that made me very happy. Example: before when you were in Crackberry Forums and scrolled down the list of posts. When you selected a post to read and you're done using the return button it would always take you back to the top of the list again. Now with .214 when you hit the back button it takes you back to where you were.

This really improves the browsing experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 10:36 PM
    Nice! So it works like a true back button and doesn't just reload the previous page.

I hope the Canadian released versions are preloaded with .214... Saves the time to install the leaked version
    09-07-10 10:39 PM
    Nice! So it works like a true back button and doesn't just reload the previous page.

I hope the Canadian released versions are preloaded with .214... Saves the time to install the leaked version
    Me too!

10 char
    09-07-10 11:18 PM
    Another change that would be nice is if, after having double tapped the page to increase the print size, that when you returned to the previous page or moved forward to another page (as we often do in crackberry forums) the enlarged print size remains the same.
    09-07-10 11:31 PM
    Another change that would be nice is if, after having double tapped the page to increase the print size, that when you returned to the previous page or moved forward to another page (as we often do in crackberry forums) the enlarged print size remains the same.
    Yes that would be nice! Maybe in the next version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 11:53 PM
    This fix was present in .161.

The "new" browser feature in .214 is the drop-down arrow that appears when you scroll down a page so that you can easily get back to the address box/tab button (rather than having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page).
    09-08-10 06:34 AM
    Since this does is not an official AT&T released update does it remove all the AT&T loaded programs that come on the phone? I am not that familiar with installing leaked versions so forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question to ask. On my Bold I only installed what AT&T offered which was little updating.
    09-08-10 06:25 PM
    AT&T programs and links are controlled by service books, not by the OS.
    09-08-10 06:28 PM
    The OS update to .214 is fine with AT&T and the programs, as said above are sent in the service books- That you can resend yourself on the Blackberry BIS website (If on a BIS). If you have a corporate (BES) phone, then when you re activate it the service book programs will be there.
    09-08-10 11:36 PM
    i love the browser faster n better shortcut. the only thing i didnt like are the bookmarks that i cant delete i have a long *** list not. i have like espn, and weather and all the ones i dont use or need. n e one know how to remove pre installed bookmarks??? so that i can just have the ones i save on there?
    09-09-10 09:12 AM
    i love the browser faster n better shortcut. the only thing i didnt like are the bookmarks that i cant delete i have a long *** list not. i have like espn, and weather and all the ones i dont use or need. n e one know how to remove pre installed bookmarks??? so that i can just have the ones i save on there?
    I don't have any "pre-installed" bookmarks, other than the one for the AT&T Yahoo homepage in it's own separate folder. All my other bookmarks are in the Blackberry Bookmarks folder and I can delete them from there by hilighting them and selecting delete from the menu.
    09-09-10 12:01 PM
    I don't have any "pre-installed" bookmarks, other than the one for the AT&T Yahoo homepage in it's own separate folder. All my other bookmarks are in the Blackberry Bookmarks folder and I can delete them from there by hilighting them and selecting delete from the menu.

Same here... No pre-installed ones other than what imported in from what I had already added. And I can move or delete any of them no problem.
    09-09-10 12:31 PM
    I updated to .241 and boy am i glad. I've not experienced any browsing issues, in fact, speed has improved tremendously.
    09-09-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD