I just upgraded to .448. Whenever I receive a call, the buttons (mute, hold, speaker) do not display. The boxes are there, but not the words. I can't use those buttons while on a call. While the phone is ringing the display comes up off center or crooked. Also, the screen freezes up and even after the caller has disconected, it still shows I'm on a call. Thisdoesnt happen when I place a call. Help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-11 06:35 AM
    Upgrade your os to .486, .526, or .534.

That should fix any issues you have.
    04-14-11 06:38 AM
    As none of those are official, I won't be doing that. Any other solutions? Is anyone else even having this issue?

04-14-11 01:04 PM
    You could always try reloading the OS if you aren't comfortable going to one of the leaked ones.
    04-14-11 01:23 PM
    did you do a battery pull ? that should be done at least 2 time after an OS update.

PS: using a leak does not do anything bad to you or your phone, you don't loose warranty, you don't get any problem from your provider either (well unless you have a crappy provider). I can assure you that official release are not really the most stable one (remember .246?)
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 04-14-11 at 01:34 PM.
    04-14-11 01:30 PM
    did you do a battery pull ? that should be done at least 2 time after an OS update.

PS: using a leak does not do anything bad to you or your phone, you don't loose warranty, you don't get any problem from your provider either (well unless you have a crappy provider). I can assure you that official release are not really the most stable one (remember .246?)
    Some people just aren't comfortable with using an OS not released by their carrier.
    04-14-11 02:31 PM
    I've done a battery pull and used quickpull a few times. Oh well. I can live w it for now. Maybe I'll try a leaked os.

04-14-11 04:28 PM
    Some people just aren't comfortable with using an OS not released by their carrier.
    yeah and some people just need to be reassure before changing their mind
    04-14-11 05:36 PM
    In the meantime, you can use your $ key to put the phone on speaker

04-14-11 07:34 PM
    Nothing sems to be working and now those buttons dissapear all the time. Does anyone know what causes this? Or how to fix it? I've done several battery pulls. This just started when I went to os .448. Please some one help me!!

04-16-11 08:54 AM
    I used .448 for a while and don't recall that as being an issue(or even posted about anywhere?)

Could just be a glitch in the loading procedure. My suggestion would be to uninstall the OS from your pc, redownload it, reinstall it, then reinstall the OS on the phone using loader.exe instead of the desktop manager.

There's a complete guide on how to upgrade/downgrade/reinstall an OS in the 101 section, so I won't bother posting those instructions also.
    04-16-11 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD