Hi forumers,

im here to ask the question "why is there only one case for the Torch 9800/10 made by BlackBerry"

i understand that it is harder to make cases for the Torch as it slides, but if they can make one then why not produce more, or the same with more colours.

for example; the Curve 9350/60/70 has three original BlackBerry cases, the Soft Shell, Hard Shell and Premium Shell, and each case comes in at least 2-5 different colours, si why cant the torch have this?

anyone know why, because its VERY frustrating and annoying.

thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 05:08 PM
    there are tons of cases try the seidio case options

04-02-12 09:18 PM
    yes but i would like an original BlackBerry case, not made by sedio
    04-03-12 05:40 AM
    Blackberry makes several different cases for 9800/10. There are leather vertical pouch, horizontal pouch and vertical holster with belt clip. Each version comes with either black leather/grey lining and white leather/pink lining. See www.shopblackberry.com, which is official Blackberry direct retail site.

That said, I would NOT recommend you to pick up any original Blackberry case for 9800/10. RIMM screwed up big time with cases for 9800/10. Unlike cases for previous phones, Blackberry cases for 9800/10 have no thread/stitching by the rim of the case. They all look and feel good and solid enough but after a few months, they disintegrate. They are made of thin leather with cardboard sandwitched, and they were just GLUED together. Without stitching, they just fall apart after a few months of gentle use. I have both vertical pouch and vertical holster and they all met the same fate.

If you really want original blackberry case, try the ones made for 9900/30. I also have a 9900 issued by the company I work for. I ordered a leather holster for it and it works just fine for 9800/10 as well although indicator LED can be blocked. More importantly, RIMM learnt their lesson and the 9900/30 cases are properly stitched. Surely they should last longer than those for 9800/10.

04-03-12 11:14 AM
    thanks, that really helped especially when u said 'use the Bold 9900/30's Holster as its better quality' because im on my third vertical holster for the 9800/10 and after 2 months they just split and their to loose, but using the 9900/30's case sounds brilliant, thanks

however the aim of this status i ment the 'Shell' cases not so much the Holsters, but this still helped so thanks

04-07-12 12:29 PM
    Just wanted to say a huge thanks to hkkelvinlee for the above post, having gone through two of the old style 9800 pouches in the last 12 months i went ahead and ordered the new style one off eBay (link below)

Genuine BlackBerry Original Leather Case Pocket Black for BlackBerry 9900 9930 (0843163087446) | eBay

Arrived in 3 days time and cost less than a tenner, its FAR superior to the old style one, the stitching around the top on each side is surely going to make a difference 3 months down the line. Its very nicely padded on the inside too.

Thanks again for the info
    04-19-12 06:07 AM
    Just wanted to say a huge thanks to hkkelvinlee for the above post, having gone through two of the old style 9800 pouches in the last 12 months i went ahead and ordered the new style one off eBay (link below)

Genuine BlackBerry Original Leather Case Pocket Black for BlackBerry 9900 9930 (0843163087446) | eBay

Arrived in 3 days time and cost less than a tenner, its FAR superior to the old style one, the stitching around the top on each side is surely going to make a difference 3 months down the line. Its very nicely padded on the inside too.

Thanks again for the info

My pleasure it helped.

To JimJamSapan (sorry if mis-spelt), I believe the shell style case you referred to is like the holster without belt clip. in that case, I am fairly sure (but have not checked) it is also available for 9900/9930. My 9900 comes with plastic shell case (without clip) in original packing and I remember having seen on web the same original shell case but in leather.

07-05-12 01:50 AM
    I forget what its called but I have a case that came with two different front sliding pieces, one is blue and one is chrome. Based on other posts, it is the best Torch case. I would be happy to sent it to you if you want it. If so email me at [email protected]. I don't use it. Could not get used to using the trackpad with it and I don't like how it looks with a case.
    07-05-12 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD