Ok folks!!! I have been the owner of the new Torch for almost 9 days and I am on my second phone and it's about to be the third phone today. WOW! The second phone is not 2 days old yet and the keyboard stopped working and I am unable to use the touchscreen completely. It's been a rough 12-16 hours for me without a phone that's operating. Has anyone heard of this??? Again the keyboard is not working at all. I have removed the battery several times and nothing. Also I have a password on my phone and it's almost impossible to unlock it b/c the touchscreen is not fully capable of being used. Please help!
    11-19-10 11:04 AM
    The only help we can offer is, replace it. It is under warranty.
    11-19-10 11:21 AM
    I have heard of many other problems but the keyboard consistently not working is new to me. That really stinks! But yeah I would go and get another...
    11-19-10 11:35 AM
    This has happened to me. Check your touchscreen sensitivity options. Worked for me.
    11-19-10 12:02 PM
    Issue resolved in another thread he/she posted. Simple battery pull fixed it.
    11-19-10 12:03 PM
    I took the battery out for about 20-30 minutes and it began working again. Do you think the device is defective or the battery?
    11-19-10 12:20 PM
    I would send that one back ASAP. There is no reason for something like to happen on a 2 day old phone. If you work it right, they may just replace everything...
    11-19-10 12:24 PM
    Hey my Torch too has repeatedly died and no amount of resets and battery removing has done one bit of good. My touch screen hardly works its random at best my keys to answer a phone call and to hang up a phone call don't work at all nor does the scroll button or back button Tried everything so finally ordered a whole new top part to replace it and fingers crossed that this fixes all the issues! Even my touch screen freezes up a lot so have to do a hard reset grrrrr!! My storm never gave me grief like this and best was my curve it finally died after a couple years of hard use
    04-19-11 03:01 PM
    Try running a diagnostics test on it. Go to optionsopen network connection, open mnobile network. hit the blackberry button, click on diagnostics test, click the blackberry button again and select run.
    04-19-11 03:23 PM
    Try running a diagnostics test on it. Go to options open network connection, open mobile network. hit the blackberry button, click on diagnostics test, click the blackberry button again and select run.
    04-19-11 03:38 PM
    ....Tried everything so finally ordered a whole new top part to replace it and fingers crossed that this fixes all the issues! ....
    Why aren't you returning it? They have a 1 year warranty.
    You not the original owner?
    04-19-11 05:01 PM
    Why aren't you returning it? They have a 1 year warranty.
    You not the original owner?
    What are the steps to go about returning it?? I bought my torch a week after it came out and about a month ago my back button starts having issues where it sometimes doesn't work..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 07:03 PM
    This has happened to me. Check your touchscreen sensitivity options. Worked for me.
    I agree with you.
    04-19-11 11:20 PM
    I am the orginal owner except it was purchased off ebay and the ebay seller won't exchange it so had to purchase a whole new bezel so its off to get fixed today fingers crossed!
    04-20-11 01:23 AM
    What are the steps to go about returning it?? I bought my torch a week after it came out and about a month ago my back button starts having issues where it sometimes doesn't work..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    One step...take it back to the carrier you bought it through.
    In your case, go to AT&T and show and tell them the problem.

Are you sure the back button isn't working or is it possible the device is lagging while waiting to process the command? Do you have many apps running when this back button problem occurs? What OS6 version do you have installed on the Torch?
    04-20-11 08:27 AM
    I am the orginal owner except it was purchased off ebay and the ebay seller won't exchange it so had to purchase a whole new bezel so its off to get fixed today fingers crossed!
    Who is your carrier. They should be able to help you. At the very least they could get you in direct contact with someone that will fix it under warranty.
    No one will exchange after 30 days. It has to be sent to be repaired or a refurbished device in its place.

It never hurts to ask.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 04-20-11 at 08:34 AM.
    04-20-11 08:32 AM
    One step...take it back to the carrier you bought it through.
    In your case, go to AT&T and show and tell them the problem.

Are you sure the back button isn't working or is it possible the device is lagging while waiting to process the command? Do you have many apps running when this back button problem occurs? What OS6 version do you have installed on the Torch?
    I'm 100% sure its the back button not working. Actually its both the back button and the end button that's not working properly. It gets annoying because sometimes when I try to end call, it won't end call, or when I need to go back a page, it won't do that either. Both under no lag. I've had this issue since I had .336, then .448, and now .526, so I'm pretty sure it's not a software issue either. I've done the regular update on top of older os, and wiping the device to do a clean install.
    04-20-11 10:50 AM
    Fingers crossed here goes it for the second time around with my red torch after the bezel being replaced if all else fails lets hope the white torch is up and running after being smashed on the driveway eeek!!!
    04-21-11 10:43 AM
    This is how Blackberry is going to kill themselves. They had a reputation for great keyboards, great typing devices. Now the torches are acting up, the new Pearls are acting up, I read that the new Bolds are acting up too. Had my Pearl 3G for less than six months when the keys started registering twice (or three times) for each push. I made the mistake of buying it from a carrier in Canada while there, thinking I'd neer need to use the warranty (big mistake!), so now it's being repaired and I'm using a rock-solid old 8100 in the meantime. I think I'm going to have to go with another manufacturer for my next device.
    04-21-11 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD