BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2921
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.666
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.241
    File name: 9800jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2921_PL6.6.0.241_A6.0.0.6 66_SmarTone_Vodafone.exe
    File size: 192.71MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

from BlackBerry

or

from FileServe (jAllLang)

from FileServe (hwAsia)
    Last edited by rroyy; 09-23-11 at 06:45 PM.
    09-23-11 02:51 AM
    wrong forum dude!!
    09-23-11 02:57 AM
    aww lol I'll report to move
    09-23-11 02:58 AM
    btw leak me something new for my 9860 while youre at it lol
    09-23-11 03:42 AM
    .666 for the 9800? 'Tis the devil's work, dontcha know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 04:04 AM
    Lol just read this as 666 for the 9810. Huge jump in version numbers from 353.
    09-23-11 06:31 AM
    I was soooo excited for about 5 seconds!
    09-23-11 08:18 AM
    Moved!
    rroyy likes this.
    09-23-11 10:36 AM
    Moved!
    Now I know why it told me I couldn't move it from the forum it was in to the same forum!
    rroyy likes this.
    09-23-11 10:38 AM
    Now I know why it told me I couldn't move it from the forum it was in to the same forum!
    I am about 5 cups of coffee ahead of you.....
    09-23-11 10:46 AM
    Apploader tells me that nothing needs to be changed, I currently have 6.0.0.600 and it looks like it's the same OS renamed to 6.0.0.666
    09-23-11 10:46 AM
    Downloaded and did straight upgrade from 600. I made sure to uninstall any previous 9800 OS from my PC before upgrading.
    Used BB Boss to shrink it (mostly languages, and a few other small items).
    With my normal apps installed (SugarSync, Google Search\Maps, Canoe, FaceBook, TuneIn, Canoe, The Spec, TD Canada, Newsy, Wifi File Transfer, Toss It, Pandas vs. Ninjas Free) I'm at 281Mb free.

After a few battery pulls, there was improvement in speed\transitions across the entire phone. Web pages seem to load a bit faster, scrolling in web pages and social feeds seems smoother. There is still a slight lag when you take a pic and try to preview it, but it does show up after a few seconds (better\faster than in 600).

Still to early to report back on battery life, but I could get through the day on 600 with 15-40% battery life remaining. As long as it can still do that on 666 I won't complain.

It's worth the long wait! Great upgrade!
    09-23-11 10:48 AM
    Downloaded and did straight upgrade from 600. I made sure to uninstall any previous 9800 OS from my PC before upgrading.
    With my normal apps installed (SugarSync, Google Search\Maps, Canoe, FaceBook, TuneIn, Canoe, The Spec, TD Canada, Newsy, Wifi File Transfer, Toss It, Pandas vs. Ninjas Free) I'm at 281Mb free.

After a few battery pulls, there was improvement in speed\transitions across the entire phone. Web pages seem to load a bit faster, scrolling in web pages and social feeds seems smoother. There is still a slight lag when you take a pic and try to preview it, but it does show up after a few seconds (better\faster than in 600).

Still to early to report back on battery life, but I could get through the day on 600 with 15-40% battery life remaining. As long as it can still do that on 666 I won't complain.

How do you install it?
    09-23-11 10:50 AM
    How do you install it?
    Make sure you delete the "vendor.xml" file. Since this a carrier supplied OS, it wants to only load on phones branded to that carrier, and Apploader won't let you see it if you have a phone from another carrier.

09-23-11 11:42 AM
    Well, no differences so far, just looks to me as bug correction-updated apps (browser, for example, was updated). Battery hasn't settled yet, will report if any differences are found, but seems same discharge rate than 600.
    09-23-11 11:54 AM
    Having a "****" of a time downloading this one. Firefox has failed twice to get the whole thing. Here's hoping that 3rd time is the charm. Unless someone has a mirror up?
    09-23-11 12:11 PM
    How do you install it?
    After using BB Boss to shrink, i ran the apploader to install it. Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file where necessary.
    09-23-11 02:20 PM
    far better than 600 the browser is upgraded and the speed of the phone is better have used this os for half a day seems far better than 600
    09-23-11 03:57 PM
    Had to do it twice (I think I shrank much out using bb boss) but so far it's ok. I have been able to set up UMA on my unlocked torch, however.
    09-23-11 05:41 PM
    far better than 600 the browser is upgraded and the speed of the phone is better have used this os for half a day seems far better than 600
    In what way has the browser been "upgraded"? Is it different somehow?

09-23-11 11:26 PM

installed yesterday evening. not very satisfied with this build although it came after almost 2 months after .600. my feedback is as;
    1. single tap calling in call detail screen is back in this build. it was disable in .600.
    2. Browser seems to be slower than 600. I was using Maxhybrid V8, browser is very slow. while dowloading applications, it took long time.
    3. while downloading application, if any message, email or call comes, it gets disconnected and downloading was to start again. it was very frustraing yesterday night.
    4. Radio seems to be better than 600. Call voice quality is better and signal is more stable.
    5. Battery drainage seems to be higher compare to .600 but still it is early to comment. will have to wait for another day.
    09-24-11 01:13 AM
    How do you install it?
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    SWFLFFPM, theHip and JaguarXJ7 like this.
    09-24-11 05:21 AM
    Thanks for the download, however, having downloaded and deleted vendor file everything appears great. Then on opening BB desktop it shows an update available. Wonderful. Go to update, click back up and get a message saying download error.

Any ideas anyone? I could download again but through BB I get Download interrupted message. So frustrating.
    09-24-11 05:44 AM
    Ok silly me. Forgot about loader in app loader. Panic over. All done. Will post findings asap
    09-24-11 06:09 AM
    i'm having the same issue some others are having--this os isn't being recognized by app loader (I did remove vendor file) for me. I currently hav .600

I'm going to try to dl it from one of the mirrors--hoping that will work

I miss not having the single tap calling in call detail screen..that was disable in .600, and better phone clarity--i get alot of echo w/ .600

**dl from a mirror--still won't show on my computer through app loader or dm
    Last edited by bbryadict; 09-24-11 at 10:08 AM.
    09-24-11 09:43 AM
140 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD