- CrackBerry Addict
- 857 Posts
Official Torch 9800 22.214.171.1246 from SmarTone-Vodafone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.19921 (All Languages)
Package Version: 188.8.131.5221
Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
File name: 9800jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2921_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.168 66_SmarTone_Vodafone.exe
File size: 192.71MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
from FileServe (jAllLang)
from FileServe (hwAsia)
Last edited by rroyy; 09-23-11 at 06:45 PM.
- CrackBerry Abuser
09-23-11, 10:48 AM #12
- 116 Posts
Downloaded and did straight upgrade from 600. I made sure to uninstall any previous 9800 OS from my PC before upgrading.
Used BB Boss to shrink it (mostly languages, and a few other small items).
With my normal apps installed (SugarSync, Google Search\Maps, Canoe, FaceBook, TuneIn, Canoe, The Spec, TD Canada, Newsy, Wifi File Transfer, Toss It, Pandas vs. Ninjas Free) I'm at 281Mb free.
After a few battery pulls, there was improvement in speed\transitions across the entire phone. Web pages seem to load a bit faster, scrolling in web pages and social feeds seems smoother. There is still a slight lag when you take a pic and try to preview it, but it does show up after a few seconds (better\faster than in 600).
Still to early to report back on battery life, but I could get through the day on 600 with 15-40% battery life remaining. As long as it can still do that on 666 I won't complain.
It's worth the long wait! Great upgrade!
- 09-23-11, 11:42 AM #14
- 09-23-11, 11:54 AM #15
Well, no differences so far, just looks to me as bug correction-updated apps (browser, for example, was updated). Battery hasn't settled yet, will report if any differences are found, but seems same discharge rate than 600.
- CrackBerry Genius
09-24-11, 01:13 AM #21
- 1,846 Posts
1. single tap calling in call detail screen is back in this build. it was disable in .600.
2. Browser seems to be slower than 600. I was using Maxhybrid V8, browser is very slow. while dowloading applications, it took long time.
3. while downloading application, if any message, email or call comes, it gets disconnected and downloading was to start again. it was very frustraing yesterday night.
4. Radio seems to be better than 600. Call voice quality is better and signal is more stable.
5. Battery drainage seems to be higher compare to .600 but still it is early to comment. will have to wait for another day.
- 09-24-11, 05:21 AM #22
Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
*If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
- After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.
PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
- CrackBerry User
09-24-11, 05:44 AM #23
- 88 Posts
Thanks for the download, however, having downloaded and deleted vendor file everything appears great. Then on opening BB desktop it shows an update available. Wonderful. Go to update, click back up and get a message saying download error.
Any ideas anyone? I could download again but through BB I get Download interrupted message. So frustrating.
- CrackBerry User
09-24-11, 09:43 AM #25
- 61 Posts
i'm having the same issue some others are having--this os isn't being recognized by app loader (I did remove vendor file) for me. I currently hav .600
I'm going to try to dl it from one of the mirrors--hoping that will work
I miss not having the single tap calling in call detail screen..that was disable in .600, and better phone clarity--i get alot of echo w/ .600
**dl from a mirror--still won't show on my computer through app loader or dm
Last edited by bbryadict; 09-24-11 at 10:08 AM.