Oh data not connecting. I thought you meant your personal data wasn't restored after the upgrade.

Have you tried a Register Now?
    Open Options app (ie wrench icon). Start typing "host" and select Host Routing Table. Click MENU (ie BB logo key) and select Register Now.
    You should you receive 1-2 network registration messages from RIM and/or your carrier.
    Battery pull for good measure.

If that was unsuccessful, I would re-send Service Books.

PS Sorry for over-simplifying. Did so in case others with less experience have the same issue and find this post.
    Tried all that still not connecting at restart, not really a big issue just a pain in the ****
    05-03-11 06:40 PM
    does the google search bar still come up small on top once you have seached for something? also is the cam bug fixed, in .534 when i took a pic it took couple of secs to show up in pictures
    05-03-11 06:42 PM
    Updated my sim free handset on Orange UK and everything works great (even updates in Desktop Manager after deleting vendor.xml, gotta love sim free).

UMA got provisioned automatically and is stable for a change.

Email setup detects PIN now, still had to delete all my google accounts to get the security to work for Contacts and Calendar.

Overall very happy so far, better than previous .4xx
    05-03-11 06:47 PM
    They don't include change logs so we never know exactly what was fixed. I rarely see much difference between versions. People always say it doesn't lag or the browser is faster or battery life is much improved. By now if you believed them the battery would last a week and pages would load faster than the latest Android marvel, you know, the one with the Ghz processor and the battery that lasts 4 hours. I think it's the placebo effect. Apart from the first couple of leaks, there's little improvement to OS or browser speed or battery life that would withstand a scientific test.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 06:48 PM
    They don't include change logs so we never know exactly what was fixed. I rarely see much difference between versions. People always say it doesn't lag or the browser is faster or battery life is much improved. By now if you believed them the battery would last a week and pages would load faster than the latest Android marvel, you know, the one with the Ghz processor and the battery that lasts 4 hours. I think it's the placebo effect. Apart from the first couple of leaks, there's little improvement to OS or browser speed or battery life that would withstand a scientific test.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG these are the best two sentences i've ever read in this forum that describes users most accurately.
    05-03-11 06:55 PM

True I rarely notice speed increases.

I have noticed the pictures have gone from the BB menu, some fixes have happened like www.blackberry.com/beta now works over wifi finally something that has not been working for me.

I did notice that FB Push Messages would not enable initially but now seem to be working okay.

Reboot does seem to take less time but I always find that after a complete wipe and upgrade.
    05-03-11 06:56 PM
    I have asked this question before, what is the essence of all these OS, if they are not going to fix the bugs in the previous ones?
    It just seems that RIM keeps pushing out the same old OS, with different numbers, to make it sound and look new!
    I used to jump @ any latest OS for installation, but when I realised they are pretty much the same thing, I just stopped that habit.
    I use .448, and it works fine for me, and I won't �� updating to any other OS till I notice a drastic change or improvement (which I doubt)

Maybe, I would have to wait for an entirely new OS (maybe OS7, if it becomes available for Torch) or I stick with my .448, which has been serving me well.
    People, if your current OS works fine for you, why bother updating?considering these new OS don't bring anything new, apart from little insignificant tweaks here and there, which is not really worth the hassle of the whole OS installation.
    I guess it has to do with having the latest OS syndrome.

05-03-11 07:00 PM
    I have asked this question before, what is the essence of all these OS, if they are not going to fix the bugs in the previous ones?
    It just seems that RIM keeps pushing out the same old OS, with different numbers, to make it sound and look new!
    I used to jump @ any latest OS for installation, but when I realised they are pretty much the same thing, I just stopped that habit.
    I use .448, and it works fine for me, and I won't �� updating to any other OS till I notice a drastic change or improvement (which I doubt)

Maybe, I would have to wait for an entirely new OS (maybe OS7, if it becomes available for Torch) or I stick with my .448, which has been serving me well.
    People, if your current OS works fine for you, why bother updating?considering these new OS don't bring anything new, apart from little insignificant tweaks here and there, which is not really worth the hassle of the whole OS installation.
    I guess it has to do with having the latest OS syndrome.

You wil be waiting a long time for OS 7. It was announced that it wouldn't be available for older devices.

I personally like to upgrade to see if there are any major changes. I know going from 534 to 546 that there isn't going much, but with the camera being faster now and I don't get the thinking clock anymore seems to worth the upgrade. Battery has been consistent with the last three upgrades (486,526,534).

I think we will see a 6.1 OS by the end of June.
    05-03-11 07:25 PM
    Wasn't 6.1 cancelled as is going to be OS 7 instead?
    05-03-11 08:10 PM
    yes it was, but RIM will still be updating 6.0 devices and they needed the 6.1 since 7.0 won't work on the Torch
    05-03-11 08:17 PM
    loading onto device now...
    doing fresh install with wipe

will report back findings..
    Pointless to wipe. AppLoader does it already.

05-03-11 09:04 PM
    For the life of me I don't know what is going wrong. I have downloaded the update, installed it with no success with an update for the phone. I have tried downloading from additional sites and always with IE. I can't get it to my phone, is there something wrong with the update? I have updated many different OS's and there were no issues in the past.
    Any ideas?
    05-03-11 09:26 PM
    Pointless to wipe. AppLoader does it already.

Agreed. Somehow i wonder why people choose to wipe first while apploader does the same thing right before the OS installation. And i don't really see any difference between them
    05-03-11 09:27 PM
    Upgraded from .450.

Installed and running for an hour. Immediately noticed how quickly BBM conversations were opening, but will wait until more convos are open (all chats got reset on update) before making a final call on that one.

One problem I had and solved - when I tapped the clock up top (which brings down my network and clock settings), my alarm said ON but the time was cropped off the right of the screen. Just rotated orientation and then rotated back, and it was fine

Oh, also, the font size when I select an alarm time is smaller than it used to be. Looks awful.

New problem: Can't seem to tap to select... I had set my hover/tap intervals such that if I held my finger down a bit longer than the required "click" time, I could simply select the item (like a message in a list). Now I can't do that no matter what I try.

New Twitter icon is all I noticed other than that. Will report if anything special after using for a while.
    05-03-11 10:39 PM
    i swear i read the same coments everytime a new OS appears.
    05-03-11 11:06 PM
    Initial findings. No lag on the camera showing an image if you want to send it to a BBM, Facebook, Twitter account. That makes me happy. Browser seems fine. Phone seems to work as well as the .534 build. All my Apps seem to work OK. Will see how the battery life is tomorrow. So far, so good.
    05-04-11 01:43 AM
    The only bug I had on .526 was the small forms box, this OS has fixed that for me at any rate, so I'm happy enough to keep this one. Haven't experienced the other browser issue people keep referring too, so can't comment on that.

Swiping through pictures is okay, not as quick as .526 and occasionally an image will take a fraction longer to load, but nothing too serious.

Memory still seems to be settling in, as does battery, so can't really comment on those yet.
    05-04-11 02:04 AM
    Upgraded from .450.

Installed and running for an hour. Immediately noticed how quickly BBM conversations were opening, but will wait until more convos are open (all chats got reset on update) before making a final call on that one.

One problem I had and solved - when I tapped the clock up top (which brings down my network and clock settings), my alarm said ON but the time was cropped off the right of the screen. Just rotated orientation and then rotated back, and it was fine

Oh, also, the font size when I select an alarm time is smaller than it used to be. Looks awful.

New problem: Can't seem to tap to select... I had set my hover/tap intervals such that if I held my finger down a bit longer than the required "click" time, I could simply select the item (like a message in a list). Now I can't do that no matter what I try.

New Twitter icon is all I noticed other than that. Will report if anything special after using for a while.

the alarm clock issue is also there in OS .534 for the 9780 and maybe there for the 9700. replacing the net_rim_bb_ribbon_app cod with a .4xx version was a bandaid fix for the time being. its well known among the hybrids of .534 as well. i find it to come and go on my 9780 after the fix.

the alarm font size was something my buddy noticed going from .486 to .534 so i think it was in the last build too.
    05-04-11 02:27 AM
    I installed .546 around 6 hrs before. everything seems to be fine till now. only thing i notice battery drainage is around 8.1% as per meterberry. Earlier, i was using hybrid DBZ V3 with base .534 and drainage was around 2-4%. Should it mean hybrids are always better?
    05-04-11 05:14 AM
    There is no Data CutOff issue for me and I'm happy.
    05-04-11 05:42 AM
    I installed .546 around 6 hrs before. everything seems to be fine till now. only thing i notice battery drainage is around 8.1% as per meterberry. Earlier, i was using hybrid DBZ V3 with base .534 and drainage was around 2-4%. Should it mean hybrids are always better?
    battery usage usually settles down a bit after a while after updating i find.

still on the fence on updating myself, im on 526 with bdhp 7.0 and its working fine for me.
    05-04-11 05:54 AM
    There is no Data CutOff issue for me and I'm happy.
    Damn! I am still getting it

05-04-11 06:44 AM
    For the life of me I don't know what is going wrong. I have downloaded the update, installed it with no success with an update for the phone. I have tried downloading from additional sites and always with IE. I can't get it to my phone, is there something wrong with the update? I have updated many different OS's and there were no issues in the past.
    Any ideas?
    ....double check that the old OS has been uninstalled from the computer then run the downloaded file again prior to running apploader
    05-04-11 07:29 AM
    All looks good apart from this site not formatting well with text :-(

05-04-11 07:35 AM
    I did a clean wipe of my device and installed all my apps manually. Only restored contacts and other stuff using DM and I can honestly say that my device has not heated up at all. Also battery life seems to be more stable. .526 and .534 would make my device heat up every time I was on the browser. All in all this seems to be more stable as it should be because it is an official release.
    Last edited by SVietNam; 05-04-11 at 08:17 AM.
    05-04-11 08:11 AM
204 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD