My Torch 9800 suddenly started making noise from my tones while in my case. I have all email, phone and texts set to 'vibrate' while in holster, yet recently the phone will ring or give notification even though the phone is in my holster and set to vibrate only.
    Any experience with this? I assume the phone somehow detects it is in a holster.? Holster doesn't seem loose, and I have had the same style for a couple years with no problems. This is a relatively new holster and is still in good shape.
    Thank you
    04-15-12 08:56 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

Check when you slide it into the holster. If the screen goes black, the sleeper magnet is working, and your settings have changed. I've had that happen when installing an app that affects profiles. Easiest remedy is to selectively install the profile from a recent backup, saved before the issue.
    04-15-12 09:53 PM
    Yes, the screen went black when I slid it into the holster. I do a backup at least monthly, but aren't sure what you mean by selectively installing the profile...what profile?
    Thank you for your help!
    04-19-12 08:02 PM
    Open Desktop, File, Restore. It will populate with all your backups. Choose one from when it worlked last and then click the "Selective" box below the list. Check the box for "Profile" anmd then hit ok. A warmng will pop up that you'll be replacing that database. Hit ok and that should restore your profiles.
    04-19-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD