Ok - let's say I receive a call from a contact - now if I view this missed call(s) either by pressing the call/green button or by the lil pop-up that says 1 missed call(s) with the option to view or close - now if I do this, when I go to the notifications bar at the top, it still displays a list of missed calls - until I view them ONE BY ONE from within this notifications bar.

Kind of annoying - how to get around this? Have done numerous battery pulls so must be a bug or something - anyone notice this? Any fixes known?

Running 6.0.0.246 - Mexico 4.

Thanks
    10-07-10 05:29 AM
    Do you have missed calls showing in your messages folder? I believe you have to have that on and view them in the messages folder in order to clear the notification.
    10-07-10 07:42 AM
    that because you have the setting on that puts missed calls in your message box, therefor they are considered UNOPENED and must go through each of them like everything else.

the problem i have with the notifcation bar is that when i delete a text message prior to reading it, it doesn't update the notification bar. i had like 50 messages according to the bar, and had none in the message folder. i had to "MARK PRIOR OPENED" every time to fix it.
    you can do that in the email folder also to clear missed call.
    10-07-10 08:10 AM
    wow that is stupid! I have the same problem with text messages now as well just noticed

why should missed calls be as a message type in messages folder - seems silly to then have 3 areas informing u of missed calls!
    10-07-10 09:24 AM
    You can turn it off:

Go to the phone/options/call logs and lists/show these call log types in message list/none

If you do this, however, you will not be able to clear calls out of your notification list - however they will not appear up in your notification bar.

It's not ideal, if you ask me - I actually turned the option on so I could clear calls out of my notification bar - but now that it's pretty much just 3 calendar entries it does seem like a waste. When I have a missed call I'm used to just opening my messages folder, going to the missed call and hitting send. Calls them back and clears all notifications.
    10-07-10 09:41 AM
    How did you fix using "MARK PRIOR OPENED"? As "MARK PRIOR OPENED" only marks the available messages as read. But when I delete unread text messages directly, the notification list still shows the details and does not update.
    03-07-11 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD