Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Notification Screen behaving differently

Hi everyone,

My original Torch sadly died but I was supplied a new one by O2. I've noticed that the way my Notifications are displayed is different than on my original phone.
    On that, the unread text messages would be displayed one below the other in a list, whereas now, the new phone only displays the most recent message, as I read that, the next one is selectable. I'm running the most up to date OS version, as I was on the old phone too.

(See pic in attachment)

Thanks for any help, I'm sure there must be something in the menu's to change this, but I can't seem to find it!

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notification Screen behaving differently-screen_20130216_170636.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

When you updated your new 9800 did you backup the old one and restore to the new device?
    If you setup your new device from scratch then no previous info (email/sms/mms) will show up - unless you had a backup on DM or on BB Protect?
    This posting is provided as is and implies no warranties.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by eSport View Post
    When you updated your new 9800 did you backup the old one and restore to the new device?
    If you setup your new device from scratch then no previous info (email/sms/mms) will show up - unless you had a backup on DM or on BB Protect?
    Thanks for your reply.

It's not old messages that I want to see sorry, it's that now, If I have 2 or 3 text messages unopened, on the notification drop down screen, it only shows the most recent one until I've opened it, then the next most recent one appears. Also I now get a small 'message preview' (see next to 'Danni' in above pic.

I preferred no 'message preview' and the list of unopened messages that my old phone displayed.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris86uk View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

It's not old messages that I want to see sorry, it's that now, If I have 2 or 3 text messages unopened, on the notification drop down screen, it only shows the most recent one until I've opened it, then the next most recent one appears. Also I now get a small 'message preview' (see next to 'Danni' in above pic.

I preferred no 'message preview' and the list of unopened messages that my old phone displayed.
    Your welcome.

Ok. I see. Mine has the same - a preview. Which OS6 version are you running? I am on 6.0 Bundle 3049 (v6.0.0.706, Platform 6.6.0.246). Have you considered downgrading to a previous version. You could try Berryshout. You can search by carrier and device. Click here.
    Last edited by eSport; 02-20-2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Wrong software version.
    This posting is provided as is and implies no warranties.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Hmmm strange, I'm apparently running 6.0 Bundle 2949 (V6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236), my phone says it's up to date though!

I guess going to be difficult to find the version I had before, my old phone also told me it was up to date...seems that wasn't the case

Thanks again for your help eSport