Hi,

i'm running .214 and since that I only see the next 3 appointments by clicking the notification bar?!
    Several battery pulls didn't help...any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Alex
    09-08-10 05:18 PM
    wipping the device with bbsak and reinstall .214 didn't change anything...

How many entries of next calendar events do u have under notification bar?
    09-08-10 06:18 PM
    Hi Alex - posts regarding BETA OS findings should be in the BETA forum. You'll find this thread helpful:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/off...ndings-525148/

It seems that this OS version has the calendar set to 3 entries only and that's just the way it is. You'll see quite a few posts in that thread discussing it. We're hoping RIM lets us customize this in the near future/another new beta leak.
    09-08-10 06:25 PM
    even with the 6.0.0.141 the set up for the main screen is Messages first... then next is the appointment which is also limited to 3 and then the phone log.
    i think that's the set up for now.. if you want more.. you need to go in the calendar app
    09-08-10 06:39 PM
    @jeffreii

thanks for your reply...i will have a look to that thread
    09-08-10 06:39 PM
    You might also want to check out the program deToday. I am not using it but it looks like it will display more than 3 appointments on your background.
    09-08-10 08:00 PM
    even with the 6.0.0.141 the set up for the main screen is Messages first... then next is the appointment which is also limited to 3 and then the phone log.
    i think that's the set up for now.. if you want more.. you need to go in the calendar app
    with .141 running I had all the space used for appointments...so this is new to .214 (or started with .161)
    09-09-10 01:23 AM
    Funny how people complained about the area being filled up with appointments, now they're complaining that it's not. Just goes to show no matter what RIM does people are gonna find something to complain about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 07:40 AM
    Funny how people complained about the area being filled up with appointments, now they're complaining that it's not. Just goes to show no matter what RIM does people are gonna find something to complain about.

...I didn't complain before...

And such complains could be easily avoided by providing the possibility to choose...so why doesn't RIM give us the chance to decide what and how many items we want to see...
    09-09-10 10:28 AM
    I think that the purpose of the notification bar is to just give a you a quick overview of what is going on. Is three appointments too much or not enough for that purpose? People will disagree. Seems about right to me. But, I agree that it would be nice if we could customize the notification bar.
    09-09-10 10:37 AM
    guess I have to wait until the first skins appear with a today screen...
    09-09-10 10:48 AM
    I'm trying out this deToday program and it's pretty damn cool - I just wish I could get the homescreen menu to not be translucent and totally cover up the text below it because it looks a little crappy with the text back there behind all my icons...
    09-09-10 11:58 AM
    would be nice if u could post a screenshot....thx
    09-09-10 12:00 PM
    deToday offers a free 15 day trial in the App World.

I emailed the developer to see if he has any solution to the problem - program works perfectly it's just a little messy looking - especially since I like to keep my home screen pulled all the way to the top to show as many icons as possible.
    09-09-10 12:51 PM
    Here's deToday configured for 8 calendar entries . . . can't open them from the homescreen like a real Today them, although you can change the font size and color.

09-09-10 12:52 PM
    thanks for the screenshot...i will download the trial and test it myself. Thx
    09-09-10 12:56 PM
    Here's deToday configured for 8 calendar entries . . . can't open them from the homescreen like a real Today them, although you can change the font size and color.

Looks good!
    09-09-10 02:32 PM

Yep - problem is when you pull the icons up to cover it they are still visible in the back.
    09-09-10 02:49 PM
    Yep - problem is when you pull the icons up to cover it they are still visible in the back.
    I don't really see this problem on my set up. Are you using a very dark (black) wallpaper with white text. Did you try changing the deToday font color to something other than white?
    09-09-10 03:26 PM
    Ok here's what I'm talking about:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    09-09-10 04:43 PM
    I also noticed it's a little slow to change the font and fix the background when switching from portrait to landscape.
    09-09-10 04:45 PM
    [QUOTE=jeffreii;5564709]Ok here's what I'm talking about:QUOTE]

I now see your problem. I never noticed that when the app screen is half way up (with 2 rows of icons) that it is much more transparent then when it is all the way up (4 rows of icons). I usually keep the app screen either all the way up (with less transparency) or all the way down.
    09-09-10 05:34 PM
    I now see your problem. I never noticed that when the app screen is half way up (with 2 rows of icons) that it is much more transparent then when it is all the way up (4 rows of icons). I usually keep the app screen either all the way up (with less transparency) or all the way down.
    So do I - but the capture I took of it all the way up did not show the text behind it very well - but it's clearly there on my Torch.

I didn't notice the transparency changes until now either. I kind of wish I could make it totally opaque or put a wallpaper behind the icons rather than the translucent.
    09-09-10 05:44 PM
    Ok after reading many of these threads, I did some testing. I would strongly suggest others do the same especially on a new OS. Obviously RIM is still tweaking a bit and there are no instructions to read on how this stuff works yet.

The notification area from what I can tell is tied to only 3 places. The calendar, missed calls and Message folder delivery. This is the new Today function in OS6.

Many before would turn off message folder delivery for everything but PIN messaging. Now if you do that only icon notifications will be seen i.e. no entries down in the Today window. Now if you set TXT, VVM, email, missed calls via the call log options and BBM to go there as well. You will see icons and text entires in the Today area.

Missed calls are a bit special. If they are not going to the message folder, they have to be cleared manually from the notification area by clicking on the individual text entries or by drilling down through each missed call in the call log. Just displaying missed calls after missing a call when prompted will not clear these entries from the notification Today area but will clear the icons.

Each category has a 3 entry limit as on 214. That means if nothing else is triggering, only the 3 calendar entries are seen.

From what I have tested, twitter and fb will also deliver to the notification text area if those apps set to do so via their internal options.

Last edited by shansmi; 09-10-10 at 08:08 AM.
    09-10-10 08:02 AM
    I have all of my calendar events (assignments and tasks) for the end of the year showing in my notification window. I just recently began to plug in certain events (i am far from done) and it shows them all. I will get an app, because i want the ability to chose what shows and what doesnt. but i can get used to it if i have to.
    by the way im running the stock os. havent upgraded or anything yet.
    09-16-10 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD