Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but when I synced the Torch up and all of my calendar items and missed called came over, I had to click on each individual call to clear it from the notification bar and as for the calendar, I cant clear them, even if I click on them and I would rather not delete my calendar events.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jvs
    08-12-10 04:58 PM
    Just pull down the notification bar and hit clear, it will clear all notifications.

Oh wait that's on Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 05:02 PM
    Yeah, if blackberry would only think of the simple things.
    08-12-10 05:08 PM
    Not configurable right now. Guess we'll have to wait for RIM to add some options in the future OS.
    08-12-10 05:12 PM
    It's a "Today" style theme feature. Once RIM releases updated theme builder software, we'll be able to control this by the themes we select.

08-12-10 05:18 PM
    I'm having issues with my Notification bar as well. I happened to delete two SMS texts because I could read the short message without actually opening it up - now the notification bar say's I have two unread Text Messages and I cannot clear them. Also, my notification bar displays 4 days of calander events - anybody know how I can shorten that down to 1 to 2 days only?
    08-12-10 06:25 PM
    I'm having issues with my Notification bar as well. I happened to delete two SMS texts because I could read the short message without actually opening it up - now the notification bar say's I have two unread Text Messages and I cannot clear them. Also, my notification bar displays 4 days of calander events - anybody know how I can shorten that down to 1 to 2 days only?
    It actually displays 3 years of calendar events.... you will know it if you add anniversary/birthday to your contacts... oh gosh... this is not currently configurable. You will have to wait for the OS update...
    08-12-10 06:29 PM
    Any updates on this? I keep getting 6 lines of appointments on this notification bar, for me I would prefer just email, text etc, not my calendar items. Is there any way o modify the bar or just wait for an update?
    08-17-10 09:40 AM
    That's bizarre, usually RIM is good at thinking of the little things like this. They got the idea from Android anyway and Google put a little "Clear" button in the corner which automatically clears all your notifications.

Hopefully they'll fix that minor issue soon though.
    08-17-10 09:50 AM
    I'm having the EXACT same problems. Won't clear already deleted text msg. And cannot customize it to remove the social networking notifications. I'd rather they weren't there at all. Frankly, is it really noteworthy that someone on my Facebook list posted something? Silly...
    08-17-10 02:45 PM
    Came here to see if anyone was having this problem, glad I'm not the only one. I have a full screen's worth of calendar appointments in my notification bar that I can't do anything about, it's really annoying. Anyone have any idea when they might be doing an update?
    08-29-10 05:05 AM
    I m not sure the idea came from Android since theme builders have been doing this on Blackberry for years. Dates drop off as the appointments/meetings/social dates pass, so what is the issue exactly? It shows me my upcoming events, like I want it too, I am not sure why you would want to clear that?
    08-29-10 07:01 AM
    It actually displays 3 years of calendar events.... you will know it if you add anniversary/birthday to your contacts... oh gosh... this is not currently configurable. You will have to wait for the OS update...
    3 years?! that's a bit much. a bit of customisation is in order here!
    08-29-10 07:25 AM
    It displays 10 entries, if you only have 3 reoccurring events in your calendar for the year, then yep it will display three years. Mine goes to next week, I guess RIM was figuring the average BB user would use the calendar more. Hopefully themes can address this issue for those that do not like it.
    08-29-10 07:30 AM
    I like having the calendar events on there personally, but I've always been a fan of today previews like that. Android can do the clear all thing as it has a bunch of wigets that preform calendar previews.

08-29-10 11:38 AM
    Having the same issues. If I delete the message before I read it, it stays in the notification bar, and cannot be deleted, takes a battery pull to get rid of it

when's the fix coming
    08-29-10 12:05 PM
    I would definitely want to be able to customize how many appointments it shows. I have a daily recurring reminder and it literally takes up the entire screen when I open the notification bar. Very annoying.
    08-29-10 02:26 PM
    I would definitely want to be able to customize how many appointments it shows. I have a daily recurring reminder and it literally takes up the entire screen when I open the notification bar. Very annoying.

That would get annoying, how about creating a reoccurring alarm rather than a calendar entry. Alarms do not show up in the notification screen, just a suggestion until something better comes along.
    08-30-10 10:48 AM
    Having the same issues. If I delete the message before I read it, it stays in the notification bar, and cannot be deleted, takes a battery pull to get rid of it

when's the fix coming
    Yeah really, I may be new to Blackberry all together, but even I am getting annoyed by this...I reallly like the phone! RIM hurry up!
    09-05-10 12:10 AM
    Has anyone in this thread even tried 161? The only thing that is not clearing now are missed calls. Yes the calendar fills all available space still.

09-05-10 12:42 AM
    Has anyone in this thread even tried 161? The only thing that is not clearing now are missed calls. Yes the calendar fills all available space still.

what is 161?
    09-21-10 12:35 PM

what is 161?
    09-21-10 12:43 PM
    maybe one of the leaked upgrades .214 or .225 fixed this issue...
    09-21-10 12:44 PM
    Yes and I wrote a thread detailing how the notifications work as well.

09-21-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD