Hey everyone,

My Blackberry Torch 9800 randomly turned off about an hour ago (I wasn't doing anything with it and the battery was fully charged) I tried a batter pull but nothing happened. When I try turning it on, the LED indicator stays on for about 5 seconds and then turns back off and keeps repeating this process.

I read around on the forum and saw that my phone might be 'nuked' however, when I tried plugging it into the computer as the tutorial suggests (without the battery) all the Loader does is say 'Connecting to device (ARM)...' So, I'm guessing that there must be a different issue with it.

Please advise!
    02-02-12 03:05 AM
    if it does not connect without the battery then it might be bricked sorry for bringing bad news
    02-02-12 08:35 AM
    Usually that happen when your battery is completely dead (0%), try charging it for like 30 min then try to power it on.
    02-02-12 08:42 AM
    Usually that happen when your battery is completely dead (0%), try charging it for like 30 min then try to power it on.

he would have to get another torch to charge the battery in, or find someone else he knows who has a torch and try flashing it with their battery

OR he could try using a universal charger to charge the battery by itself

@ original poster ......... did it say 'Battery Drained ...Shutting Down Handheld' or you just found the phone completely off ?
    02-06-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD