I have a blackberry torch and for some reason I'm not getting MMS messages from some people. It's totally random and doesn't happen with everyone.

I have someone with tmobile and when they send me a pic -- I get a notification like I'm getting a message and when I look at my inbox I can see the message they wrote if they sent one with the pic but when I go into the thread there is nothing... it's like I didn't get anything. Does anyone know why this is?
    04-19-11 10:29 AM
    do you have a filesize limit on your mms?

some carriers do set mms limits, like on Bell, i have to send my pictures as small or medium, and can not use large or original.

I would have the same people send a lower file size picture and see if that resolves the issue.
    04-19-11 10:32 AM
    do you have a filesize limit on your mms?

some carriers do set mms limits, like on Bell, i have to send my pictures as small or medium, and can not use large or original.

I would have the same people send a lower file size picture and see if that resolves the issue.

I have ATT and I don't have trouble getting message from anyone else (unless they are on an iPhone) -- I've gotten large pics before so I don't see that as the problem. Plus the pic is coming through -- I hear the tone for my mms and if they type text I can see the message -- but when I open the thread it isn't displayed. I can even save the message and see it in my saved folder but when I go to open -- it opens in the thread and again I can't see it.

I'm trying to see if they can send a lower file size
    04-19-11 10:48 AM
    Trying a smaller file size didn't help...
    04-19-11 12:53 PM
    i get this too all the time from my brother and friend both of whom have iPhones... BUT it appears to be totally intermittent..my brother will send me the same pic over and over and sometimes it will come through and sometimes it wont..ill get a dot or little bubble as a message or it will come through 15 minutes later....

Only thing I can think of is its got to be an ATT/BB issue....
    ive also read that people on TMo have had a similar issue with blackberries...so maybe its a network and BB issue...
    irritating nonetheless
    04-19-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD