The Facebook icon/counter in the message bar never decreases. It only increases when I specifically get a message, which is infrequent. Otherwise the number stays constant and never decreases. Can this be fixed or removed?

What is "Level 1" in the profile setups?

The only email account I want to use on the BB is my work email, which is confiured and works fine through BIS. The problem is emails from the app vendors and such are sent to the work email and I want them sent to my personal email, which is not on the BB. Is this possible?
    02-03-11 09:46 AM
    The Facebook icon/counter in the message bar never decreases. It only increases when I specifically get a message, which is infrequent. Otherwise the number stays constant and never decreases. Can this be fixed or removed?

What is "Level 1" in the profile setups?

The only email account I want to use on the BB is my work email, which is confiured and works fine through BIS. The problem is emails from the app vendors and such are sent to the work email and I want them sent to my personal email, which is not on the BB. Is this possible?
    For the facebook thing try the web age from a computer and make sure all your messages are read. Next try reading all or deleting them from the phone using the app.

Level ! is probably a name of one of your profiles - never seen that before

When you go to those web pages use a different email account. The only way they get your email account is by you typing it in to the page. App vendors can't "magically guess" your email address. You have to type that in.
    02-03-11 11:07 AM
    Level 1 is a high priority message, and pin messages count as it. Pretty sure you can make other messages as level 1, i just havent played with that feature much.
    02-03-11 01:21 PM
    actually I think the app vendors use the email address you sign into app world with. So anything you download through app world would be assigned the address you configured to your login. You may be able to change this to your personal email account, else you could simply make a new app world account (although purchases will not be transferred with this method).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 04:04 PM
    The Facebook advice worked. It showed 14 next to the icon and that was the number of old unread messages I had. Once I read them the number disappeared.

My AppWorld address is my personal account so no luck there.

I think it has something to do with the BIS setup configuration.

One more thing-Is it possible to lock the shift or Caps key on the physical keyboard?
    02-06-11 08:09 PM
    Caps lock is alt and the right side caps key.
    02-07-11 11:32 AM
    For num-lock, press and hold "Alt" and the left side caps key.

This has to be frustrating for folks new to the BB devices. The physical keyboard is a relic from the old-style BB's and the touch-screen keyboard is more familiar to younger folks familiar with iphones and android phones. To get the num-lock on the BB touchscreen, you just press and hold the "123" key. To get caps-lock on the BB touchscreen, you press and hold either the left or right cap key. Makes sense. But then it is needlessly different on the physical keyboard which is frustrating that the 2 keyboards on the same device couldn't be a lot more similar.
    02-07-11 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD