Hey,

So can you walk into an AT&T store and pick up a 9800 if your not an AT&T customer?

Just happen to be going to OHIO on the 12th and if i can find an AT&T store with a 9800 available then i'll pick it up since i have to buy a phone outright anyway...

and since u can unlock them now.. why not? only issue is with warranty i guess.. but whatevs
    08-06-10 11:36 AM
    Yeah, if asked just tell them it is a gift for someone and you know this person has AT&T. You'll be given a receipt and 30 days to return it. Of course it is retail price so no $199 deals in this instance.
    08-06-10 01:08 PM
    and it will only work on GSM networks, and unless you are using it on a band that ATT uses, no 3G.
    08-06-10 01:12 PM
    Yeah, if asked just tell them it is a gift for someone and you know this person has AT&T. You'll be given a receipt and 30 days to return it. Of course it is retail price so no $199 deals in this instance.
    yah well i think when it comes out in Canada it'll be like $599 or $649 + 13% tax!

so $499 USD with the dollar almost at par will be much better, but i am still debating cause of warranty issue since it's a new device

and it will only work on GSM networks, and unless you are using it on a band that ATT uses, no 3G.
    yep Rogers is pretty much AT&T
    08-06-10 01:26 PM
    Yea I'm hoping to grab a phone from ATT if it's $499US because I'm on Fido and I'm sure Rogers will be charging those prices. Is it actually going to be in stores on the 12th?
    08-06-10 03:17 PM
    yep Rogers is pretty much AT&T
    you never said what carrier you would be using it on, looking @ the forum via WAP3 you cannot see that
    08-06-10 03:18 PM
    Hi,

Just to confirm if the GSM/3G comment is specific to your network provider and not a phone limitation as I am looking to pick one up next week for use in UK.
    08-07-10 12:32 PM
    you never said what carrier you would be using it on, looking @ the forum via WAP3 you cannot see that
    He said Rodgers.
    08-07-10 12:53 PM
    I was talking with a friend that works at sprint. He said RIM IS working on a CDMA verision of the 9800. He wasn't sure of a release date. I really hope. AT&T is the deal breaker for me :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD