I'm at best buy right now and they said that AT&T isn't offering the insurance for the phone. Is this true or just a gimmick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 11:51 AM
    I was just told half hour ago I have one year att warranty. If I want to add additional insurance, but opt not to.

If you buy from att one year, not sure what the deal is if you buy somewhere else. drop into your att store and ask
    08-12-10 11:54 AM
    I was just told half hour ago I have one year att warranty. If I want to add additional insurance, but opt not to.

If you buy from att one year, not sure what the deal is if you buy somewhere else. drop into your att store and ask
    That's weird. I'm playing with it right now and I'm going to call ATT to ask about the insurance. Btw, I'm loving this phone!!!

08-12-10 12:05 PM
    Strange. I picked mine up at the AT&T store this morning and bought insurance to go with it.
    08-12-10 02:15 PM
    When I picked up my 9800, I was asked if I wanted the insurance as well.
    08-12-10 02:41 PM
    I thought every carrier had insurance, just up to you to add it....most time they ask you though. Very strange they would tell you it isn't offered, but maybe it is something with Best Buy as they are 3rd party...? I don't know, but I would be buying the insurance, is cheap and well worth it and they don't offer it, I would be calling around to ask why it wasn't...

08-12-10 02:45 PM
    It is offered, I added insurance on my torch while I was at the att store this morning, not sure why best buy would say that.

08-12-10 02:48 PM
    AT&T does offer insurance. Corporate store asked me if I wanted it, but I declined. (I like to live on the edge.)
    08-12-10 03:02 PM
    Yup I don't understand why Best Buy told me that. I called right after I left Best Buy to double check and they added the insurance onto my Torch.
    08-12-10 03:05 PM
    They wanted you to add their insurance plan, that's why... Shady rep's
    08-12-10 03:14 PM
    They are probably wanting you to buy their extended warranties that give you nothing for what you pay them.
    08-12-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD