- CrackBerry Newbie
- 3 Posts
no free data plan help
Hi, I have no free data plan and would like to use internet services when I'm connected by wifi only.
If the phone connects to the internet via 3g etc then I have to pay.
Ive experienced this before and its wiped out all my pre pay credit very quickly.
What do I need to set to enable/disable this.
For example, I want to be able to use the GPS so Ive disconnected network help.
If I turn off data in the settings, then I cant use the wifi. The only way round this is to disconnect the network coverage and re enable the data setting. I can then use the internet on wifi only.
This is a pain, as I have to remember to re connect the network back up and disconnect the data.
Any way around this.
Also, is there anything else I have to set to be sure its not going to cost me.
Thanks in advance
- CrackBerry User
01-31-2013, 05:19 AM #4
- 21 Posts
well, if you turn off data services in mobile network settings, you should technically still be able to browse internet through wifi easily.
however as i surmise, you actually want your phone to be connected to data services only when it's connected to wifi, well if i guess your issue right, i'm afraid there's no automatic solution to it.
- By zain23 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 18Last Post: 07-08-2010, 12:20 AM
- By skidpap in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
- By skidpap in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
- By InbredDeadhead in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2009, 06:26 PM
- By InbredDeadhead in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2009, 06:26 PM