Hi, I have no free data plan and would like to use internet services when I'm connected by wifi only.
    If the phone connects to the internet via 3g etc then I have to pay.
    Ive experienced this before and its wiped out all my pre pay credit very quickly.
    What do I need to set to enable/disable this.
    For example, I want to be able to use the GPS so Ive disconnected network help.
    If I turn off data in the settings, then I cant use the wifi. The only way round this is to disconnect the network coverage and re enable the data setting. I can then use the internet on wifi only.
    This is a pain, as I have to remember to re connect the network back up and disconnect the data.
    Any way around this.
    Also, is there anything else I have to set to be sure its not going to cost me.

Thanks in advance
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    Why not just disable "Mobile Network" in Connections?
    01-30-13 06:08 PM
    I want to be able to still receive calls. If I disable mobile network, I cant while its disabled.
    01-31-13 05:01 AM
    well, if you turn off data services in mobile network settings, you should technically still be able to browse internet through wifi easily.
    however as i surmise, you actually want your phone to be connected to data services only when it's connected to wifi, well if i guess your issue right, i'm afraid there's no automatic solution to it.
    01-31-13 05:19 AM
    You don't say where you are, but in Canada you can get a "no data" plan that won't allow data use on the mobile network. We also have plans that only allow BBM and email (unlimited) but no other data.
    01-31-13 07:02 AM
    delete the service books for mobile network internet

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 11:46 PM