Hi,

Previously, I was able to use App World and certain Apps over WiFi connection. I believe this was possible before App World upgraded to version 2.

I have a similar situation as this person I believe (except I didn't switch phones):
    WiFi Only Connection & Blackberry AppWorld - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Is there a way I can downgrade back to App World 1.0?
    I'm a fan of Blackberry phones, but I have NO NEED for a data plan, and if I can't use Apps at all, such a thing will prompt me to switch phones...

Please advise
    02-17-13 11:20 AM
    I think you should still have access to BB World over WiFi. I have a Z10 and I access App World over WiFi almost exclusively. Why there is even an option in my phone that allows me to set access to BB World via "WiFi only".

On the other hand, if you want to downgrade back to 1.0, you can do that through BB Desktop Manager (if you're using an older BBOS). But you had to have your phone and all its apps backed up to Manager ahead of time. I've done that once with my older BB Curve a while back.
    02-17-13 12:26 PM
    I think you should still have access to BB World over WiFi. I have a Z10 and I access App World over WiFi almost exclusively. Why there is even an option in my phone that allows me to set access to BB World via "WiFi only".

On the other hand, if you want to downgrade back to 1.0, you can do that through BB Desktop Manager (if you're using an older BBOS). But you had to have your phone and all its apps backed up to Manager ahead of time. I've done that once with my older BB Curve a while back.
    Thank you for the response.
    I can't seem to access the App World at all because ever since I upgraded it (I don't know from what version to what), it says:
    "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again"

When I try an App that uses internet, such as Facebook, I get the error:
    "We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)"

From reading online, it seems that it's because I don't have a data plan, which is the conclusion I jumped to. I know these Apps worked before and I know my network connection is fine because I can browse with the browser.

Thanks
    02-17-13 12:36 PM
    I don't think it's your lack of a data plan that is the cause for this to not work. I didn't have a data plan on my older Curve and I believe I encountered a similar problem...couldn't connect to App World...hence my mentioning that I had to revert back to an older version. I think it may just be a bug in the app or that the updated version is not compatible with your older OS (my assumption since I don't know which OS you are using).

I would suggest contacting BB directly and see what they can do for you. Good luck.
    02-17-13 03:04 PM
    I don't think it's your lack of a data plan that is the cause for this to not work. I didn't have a data plan on my older Curve and I believe I encountered a similar problem...couldn't connect to App World...hence my mentioning that I had to revert back to an older version. I think it may just be a bug in the app or that the updated version is not compatible with your older OS (my assumption since I don't know which OS you are using).

I would suggest contacting BB directly and see what they can do for you. Good luck.
    Thanks - I actually tried re-installing App World (current version 4 point something, I didn't take note).
    The icon doesn't show up but my Apps now start working. HOWEVER, later they stop working (same error as before per Facebook), but they start working again after I re-install App World. Kind of annoying. I may give them a call sometime later this week.
    02-17-13 11:22 PM