Have a Torch 9810 which I use a WiFi device only i.e. browsing internet, streaming music and similar. It is not associated with any cellular phone provider (have a different phone for that).
    You would think that everything else would be working just fine on the phone except of course phone calling and SMS but that is not the case.
    The worst of all I can not access the App World and install any apps, getting message - The data service is not operational (!?). Pretty weird considering I can browse internet and do of course have a blackberry ID.
    So, I read somewhere that people with that error message should upgrade the software on the phone.
    I have ver 7.0 bundle 1346. The latest one available as listed for it on the desktop manager is ver 7.1 bundle 2108. but it also says that only "active BB subscribers" can get it.

Is there a way for me to access the App World?

If there is no fix to access it and no way to upgrade it, is there a way to flush a firmware on the Torch with some other firmware that would let me do those things?

Thanks
    05-17-13 04:32 PM
    Have a Torch 9810 which I use a WiFi device only i.e. browsing internet, streaming music and similar. It is not associated with any cellular phone provider (have a different phone for that).
    You would think that everything else would be working just fine on the phone except of course phone calling and SMS but that is not the case.
    The worst of all I can not access the App World and install any apps, getting message - The data service is not operational (!?). Pretty weird considering I can browse internet and do of course have a blackberry ID.
    So, I read somewhere that people with that error message should upgrade the software on the phone.
    I have ver 7.0 bundle 1346. The latest one available as listed for it on the desktop manager is ver 7.1 bundle 2108. but it also says that only "active BB subscribers" can get it.

Is there a way for me to access the App World?

If there is no fix to access it and no way to upgrade it, is there a way to flush a firmware on the Torch with some other firmware that would let me do those things?

Thanks
    You can download and install the latest OS for the 9810, onto your computer, and use BB Desktop Manager to install. It's not as simple as I'm describing, but if you read the latest OS install thread, Elite1 always posts a how-to, concerning the proper install of OS in detail. But you can use any OS made for the 9810, regardless of the listed carrier.
    05-17-13 04:42 PM
    I will try to follow those steps and report back.
    Thanks
    05-17-13 05:29 PM
    If you have further questions about where to get the latest or how to install it, you may wish to try the 9810 forum. The 9800 runs OS6, not OS7.

Good luck.
    05-17-13 09:28 PM
    If you have further questions about where to get the latest or how to install it, you may wish to try the 9810 forum. The 9800 runs OS6, not OS7.

Good luck.
    I did not realize there was even 9810 forum.
    Appreciate you have let me know.
    05-17-13 10:12 PM
    I took the OS from the link here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-group-776932/

and then religiously followed Elite1's instructions here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ustria-760905/

but the loader was only showing me the useless option to add "Wireless Musisc Sync" app, not the OS.
    Needless to mention I also went through both troubleshooting steps from the above link but the OS simply does not want to show up in the loader, just that music sync.

Any idea what else I could do to be able to load the OS?
    Thanks
    05-19-13 01:03 AM
    Did you delete BOTH the vendor.xml files including the hidden one in the hidden folder?
    Did you use AppLoader (Loader.exe) instead of the BlackBerry Desktop Software to load the OS?
    05-19-13 06:31 AM
    Did you delete BOTH the vendor.xml files including the hidden one in the hidden folder?
    Did you use AppLoader (Loader.exe) instead of the BlackBerry Desktop Software to load the OS?
    The step by step instructions above where very straightforward.
    I did delete the vendor file manually in the C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader.
    Then I have run vendelete+ to delete the rest. It did found another vendor file, can't recall if that was in the hidden folder or not.
    So when that did not work, I then uninstalled the OS, deleted the whole AppLoader folder, rebooted, reinstalled the OS, but no change.
    Also searched in Windows Explorer for the vendor.xml, it did not find any.
    Currently when I run vendelete+ it says "File not found".
    Would you know where is that hidden folder on the 64 bit Win 7 or what else I could try?
    05-19-13 12:55 PM
    Reinstalled and installed the OS again.
    Found and deleted two vendor.xml files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Is any one of these the one you refer as hidden or there is another one somewhere else?
    05-19-13 01:50 PM
    Those are the two.
    05-19-13 02:49 PM