Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dkonigsberg_wa
  • 1 Post By dkonigsberg_wa
  1. Zurpher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Question Newest upgrade from Whatsapp

    Hello all,

    My first post ever

    Last night Ive install the newest version of whatsapp everything looks ok, except when Ive try to send a voice note. In the old versions always worked without issues, new version give you a prettier gui and seems nice but doesn't work properly :/ when you select "send a voice note" opens the existing voice notes however not a recording device with the record button like in previous versions.

    Also if you choose from the favorites a user and star chatting doesn't show you any messages, you need to go to the chat options to see the message, not big deal but kind of an annoying bug!

    Any ideas how to fix that!? I don't mind even loosing the pretty gui if it means going back to and old version,how do I go back to an old version!?

    Is anyone else having this issues!? Any ideas how to resolve this!?

    Many thanks
  2. steiale's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Have the same probs.. seems to be really buggy this version.. I have an insane battery drain aswell..
  3. dkonigsberg_wa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    The chat screen issues are known bugs in the AppWorld release, and should be fixed in our latest OTA version (2.7.5032). The download URLs should be in my sig. (We'll be posting an update to AppWorld soon.)

    For the voice notes issue, what device and BlackBerry OS version are you running? We've switched to using the system file picker on OS6+, which should look exactly like the "Voice Notes" browser app in the OS's "Media" folder. It should show a recorder item at the top of the screen that comes up. If it isn't, then any and all details you can provide about your device/versions/permissions, etc. would be useful.
    Thanked by:
    Zurpher (03-22-2012) 
  4. Zurpher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Sorry my device is a BB torch 9800 with OS6, before this upgrade everything was running perfectly. Never had issues with any of the applications by whatsapp, after this upgrade is when the issue began - when I do select the bb button it shows the standard options, if choose send a voicenote then opens up the voicenotes that are saved before hand rather than opening the recording option. The same happens to pictures.

    For the person that suggested downloading the newest version of wsp from app world, I was having difficulties with sign on, some weird error, I however was able to create a new idea, currently downloading the newset upgrade. Will let you know the outcome.

    This is the 1st time Ive had problems with wsp.

    Many thanks for taking the time to help me out.

    Greetings from New Zealand
  5. dkonigsberg_wa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Do you see a "Camera" option if you go to Media -> Pictures from the phone's home screen?
    Do you see a "Voice Notes Recorder" option if you go to Media -> Voice Notes from the phone's home screen?

    What is the full version number of the OS on your Torch 9800?

    From the home screen, go to:
    Options -> Device -> About Device Versions

    You should see a string that looks like:
    6.0 Bundle ???? (v6.0.0.???, Platform 6.6.0.???)

    The "v6.0.0.???" number is what I'm interested in.
    Thanked by:
    Zurpher (03-22-2012) 
    Zurpher likes this.
  6. CONCEIT's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #6  

    Angry Frustrated with whatsapp.


    I became a user of Whatsapp since I decided to leave the United States and live abroad in Argentina and Brazil. In Brazil, I had little trouble using the app and it was cool that I can keep in touch with my non-BBM friends in the US and other countries. The trouble with Whatsapp began when I took up residence in Argentina.

    Many of my contacts on the app are no longer my contacts. I have lost somewhere in te ballpark of 30 contacts. Now...I can receive messages but I no longer able to reply to them nor send any messages on my own. I have spoken to mobile provider here, Personal, and they assured me that my service is working properly.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app for upwards to eight times on my phone and I am still encountering the same issue.

    Currently, I am using Kik Messenger but I want my Whatsapp back because it integrates with the Messages folder on my phone.
  7. dkonigsberg_wa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CONCEIT View Post
    I became a user of Whatsapp since I decided to leave the United States and live abroad in Argentina and Brazil. In Brazil, I had little trouble using the app and it was cool that I can keep in touch with my non-BBM friends in the US and other countries. The trouble with Whatsapp began when I took up residence in Argentina.

    Many of my contacts on the app are no longer my contacts. I have lost somewhere in te ballpark of 30 contacts. Now...I can receive messages but I no longer able to reply to them nor send any messages on my own. I have spoken to mobile provider here, Personal, and they assured me that my service is working properly.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app for upwards to eight times on my phone and I am still encountering the same issue.

    Currently, I am using Kik Messenger but I want my Whatsapp back because it integrates with the Messages folder on my phone.
    For issues like this, please contact our support folks. (Menu -> About -> Contact Support within the app, or the e-mail address in my signature.) They should be able to help figure it out.
  8. Zurpher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkonigsberg_wa View Post
    Do you see a "Camera" option if you go to Media -> Pictures from the phone's home screen?
    Do you see a "Voice Notes Recorder" option if you go to Media -> Voice Notes from the phone's home screen?

    What is the full version number of the OS on your Torch 9800?

    From the home screen, go to:
    Options -> Device -> About Device Versions

    You should see a string that looks like:
    6.0 Bundle ???? (v6.0.0.???, Platform 6.6.0.???)

    The "v6.0.0.???" number is what I'm interested in.
    6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, plataform 6.4.0.105)

    Since then Ive upgraded wsp twice, not sure how to find the version of wsp I am now running, cant find out whete to see that, sorry, all the new versions are still not allowing me to send voice notes :S
  9. dkonigsberg_wa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Try upgrading the OS on your phone to the latest release you can find (or your carrier offers). 6.0.0.246 is ancient, and probably what was loaded on it when the phone was originally purchased.

    Early OS 6.0 (and OS 5.0) had bugs in the system file picker screens, which is what WhatsApp is using for selecting images/videos/voice-notes now.

    If you don't know where to look, this is the official RIM page with links to every carrier's OS update page:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Thanked by:
    Zurpher (03-22-2012) 
    Zurpher likes this.
  10. Zurpher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkonigsberg_wa View Post
    Try upgrading the OS on your phone to the latest release you can find (or your carrier offers). 6.0.0.246 is ancient, and probably what was loaded on it when the phone was originally purchased.

    Early OS 6.0 (and OS 5.0) had bugs in the system file picker screens, which is what WhatsApp is using for selecting images/videos/voice-notes now.

    If you don't know where to look, this is the official RIM page with links to every carrier's OS update page:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Many thanks, downloading the new software as suggested. I do have a question, why then was working fine before the lates gui from whatsapp!? Was only when I decided to go a head with the latest upgrade that stopped working. Before hand was working perfectly. Is just odd. But I am doing the download directly into my phone, I assume I will run it in the too. Lets hope I don't loose anything in the process - BTW I've downloaded the file in to my phone, where abouts I run it from!?
  11. snoozy23's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Can somebody send me an older version of whatsapp, plz?
    (I already posted my problem in the support thread)
  12. delbrit's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!

    Hi all,

    I have a blackberry bold 9900 and yesterday when i went onto app world i received a notification to upgrade to the latest version of whats app (v2.9.1007).

    A bit sceptical i was but after alot of hesitiation i did it.. eventually it downloaded and i restarted my phone only to find that in my favourites its was now showing as 247 contacts rather that 260 which i had just before i upgraded. Where have those contacts gone??? Please help

    Today after trying to seek help or advise online i tried unistalling whats app and reinstalling only to find that one more contact has dissappeared now i have 146 favourites and i dont even know which ones are missing or why - have also tried pulling out battery but nothing seems to work??

    Frustrated and dissappointed

    del
  13. Deanig_12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,437 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)
    #13  

    Default

    the latest whats app i have is 2.9.874 and thats from the official site not appworld but its not displaying as installed on my appworld on my bold 9900 ver 7.1.0.825 :S
  14. Ogba Okparanyote's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    i use the blackberry z10 and i cant record then send voice notes from whatsapp , i can only choose already existing files please how do i solve this problem.
  15. Alexandergess's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Hi my opinion is that if u delete it and redownload it it works again, I did this and it worked
  16. Alexandergess's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Oh and 1 more thing? Does anyone know any good cloud apps for the blackberry curve 9320? And if ur whatsapp fixed BBM me 2A7E9536

Posting Permissions