Hi There, im new using blackberry on att network.. i have 2gb plan for data.. but i have wifi at home

i want to know if i just arrive home the phone get on the wifi and will be using my home internet ONLY.. or if i go twitter or download something will be using my 2gb plan????? do i have to off the network by that time or how that work??

one more thing, how do i LOCK automatly the screen every time i close the phone? always have to push the button on top to block it?

thanks for any help!!!!!
    04-10-11 06:29 PM
    When you get home, and connect to your home wifi the icon will turn from greyed out to highlighted. Once this happens all the data used will be over the wifi connection.
    04-10-11 06:37 PM
    Hi There, im new using blackberry on att network.. i have 2gb plan for data.. but i have wifi at home

i want to know if i just arrive home the phone get on the wifi and will be using my home internet ONLY.. or if i go twitter or download something will be using my 2gb plan????? do i have to off the network by that time or how that work??

one more thing, how do i LOCK automatly the screen every time i close the phone? always have to push the button on top to block it?

thanks for any help!!!!!
    i think the only way to automatically lock the screen, without pressing the screen lock button, would be to password protect the device
    04-10-11 06:40 PM
    Also you will see the mini BB symbol next to the wifi symbol in the top right corner, just another way to tell. If you are in range of your wifi the Torch will use it, however I have had some small amounts of data sent even when I know the wifi was on and working. Some apps will use data regardless. However the amount is small and I haven't used up even the smaller 200mb plan I picked (as I knew most of my use would be in wifi range) so you should have no worries on the larger 2gb
    Also a cool thing with AT&T is you can go on the website and track your data usage so you'll soon get a good idea of how much you are using and when.
    04-10-11 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD