So today, went to the AT&T store and bought my wife her new Torch. Made a few changes to the settings for her, got a few things up and running and the phone works like a charm.

Just wondering what settings should be changed from their defaults. We installed a couple of apps and moved all of her stuff over from her previous phone. Now she is just getting used to the transition from her Razr to the Torch.
    10-01-10 11:18 PM
    WOW! Going from a RAZR to a Torch!?! Now THAT'S a transition!
    10-01-10 11:21 PM
    Yeah, the only issue was getting everything moved over since they were getting errors at the AT&T store when it came to transferring everything. So got home, hooked up Motorola Phone Tools and pulled everything off of her phone and put it all on the desktop. Installed Blackberry Desktop and got everything onto the Torch. Fortunately everything that she wanted on the phone was capable of being moved.
    10-01-10 11:49 PM
    You definitely want to upgrade her from the crappy AT&T .141 OS to one of the official .246 OS versions. It will be MUCH better. See the links in my signature for help doing that. Trust me, it's worth it.
    10-02-10 08:07 AM
    Will installing the Rogers .246 OS version put anything on the AT&T phone other than the OS, and will the original AT&T stuff that was preinstalled still be there?
    10-02-10 09:24 AM
    The AT&T junk comes from service books, not from the OS.
    10-02-10 03:41 PM
    i Went from a razr to a BB8310.But to a Torch? Man she must be in shock.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD