Hello! 1st post, and not the 1st issue with the phone.

One of my concerns was that I wanted to mute the camera's shutters (but i've read that's not possible, yet).

But what I need your help with is with the favourite menu:
    In my case I've marked as favourites some apps, and they dissapeared from there. I can't unmarked as favourite (because i don't have it in that menu..) and I can't mark it again as favourite.

One of the apps that dissapear was google talk; the other is really funny: I've selected msn and a couple of contacts of msn as favourite, but only msn is missing. The contacts are still there, BUT they are not just contacts they are actually msn itself.

So the obvious question is: how do i get to put what i have selected as favourite in the favourite menu without having to install the apps?

I would be more than greatfull if my first post in here results in great solution!

Laura
    01-10-11 04:12 PM
    One of my concerns was that I wanted to mute the camera's shutters (but i've read that's not possible, yet).
    This is possible with a 3rd party app. The QuickLaunch app includes a Camera Mute function amongst its numerous features. I think Bellshare makes an that does this too, named BerrySilent if I recall correctly.
    I'm sure there's others. In App World and the CB Superstore, search Camera Mute or Camera Sound and see what pops up.

But what I need your help with is with the favourite menu:
    In my case I've marked as favourites some apps, and they dissapeared from there. I can't unmarked as favourite (because i don't have it in that menu..) and I can't mark it again as favourite.

So the obvious question is: how do i get to put what i have selected as favourite in the favourite menu without having to install the apps?
    Sorry, I don't use the stock BB6 theme anymore. Someone else will have to answer this for you.

A bit of trouble-shooting though:
    1. Do a battery pull and see if things are fixed. With your BB still on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace the battery. Your BB will reboot.
    2. For a missing icon, click your MENU key (ie BB logo key to left of trackpad). If Show All is an option, click it. Now navigate around and see what was hidden. The previously hidden icons (if any) will still have a faded look to them.
    3. Check inside your folders, and do the Show All thing inside each folder too.

Hello! 1st post, and not the 1st issue with the phone.
    Welcome to CB, Laura!

When you have a chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    (Guessing you're in Canada or maybe the UK since you spelled favourite with the U.)

Good luck, and see you in the Forums!
    01-10-11 05:22 PM
    This is possible with a 3rd party app. The QuickLaunch app includes a Camera Mute function amongst its numerous features. I think Bellshare makes an that does this too, named BerrySilent if I recall correctly.
    I'm sure there's others. In App World and the CB Superstore, search Camera Mute or Camera Sound and see what pops up.
    As far as I know (I've searched the forum), there's not app available at the moment for OS 6. But for sure I'll keep on taking a look.

Sorry, I don't use the stock BB6 theme anymore. Someone else will have to answer this for you.

A bit of trouble-shooting though:
    1. Do a battery pull and see if things are fixed. With your BB still on, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, then replace the battery. Your BB will reboot.
    2. For a missing icon, click your MENU key (ie BB logo key to left of trackpad). If Show All is an option, click it. Now navigate around and see what was hidden. The previously hidden icons (if any) will still have a faded look to them.
    3. Check inside your folders, and do the Show All thing inside each folder too.
    I've tried it but didn't work, so again, I'll keep on trying to find a solution.

Welcome to CB, Laura!

When you have a chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    (Guessing you're in Canada or maybe the UK since you spelled favourite with the U.)

Good luck, and see you in the Forums!
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I've updated my profile, so now you know I'm a little bit far from Canada or UK (in Argentina at the moment).
    01-11-11 11:53 AM
    Unfortunately Elite1 is wrong, there is currently no apps that will mute the camera on OS6(yes even the mighty quicklaunch does not do this).

As for your favorites, there is another unfortunate issue, favorites constantly become "unstuck" from that tab. only way to "restick" them is to go to the "all" tab and unmark them as favorites then remark them, kind of a pita. Next best solution is to get rid of the stock theme.
    01-11-11 12:07 PM
    As far as I know (I've searched the forum), there's not app available at the moment for OS 6. But for sure I'll keep on taking a look.
    Unfortunately Elite1 is wrong, there is currently no apps that will mute the camera on OS6(yes even the mighty quicklaunch does not do this).
    Grrrr� I hate giving incorrect info!
    As I told you "off-site," thanks for provide the correct info, Homer.
    I now see it's not even listed anymore in the Torch version of QL.
    Sorry folks!
    01-12-11 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD