Hello everyone. Another quick question. Is there an app or option that allows us to open a new tab in the background? I find it very tidious and unproductive to have to go scroll back to the original tab. Anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 04:17 PM
    When in the browser there is a tabs option within the BB Menu. I have heard some say they have had up to 25 open with no issues. You can open a few and use the menu or icons to move between them within the browser.

12-14-10 04:38 PM
    shortcut for the 9700 (assuming your running os6) is pushing "w" in the browser to bring up the tabs options shansmi is talking about.
    12-14-10 04:41 PM
    I understand and use all of the functions stated above but when you open a new tab it goes straight to that tab. Is there a way to stay on that same page while the tab opens in the background?

12-14-10 05:02 PM
    Not that I have seen.

12-14-10 06:56 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread but any developing news on this? any third party apps available yet?
    08-03-11 07:47 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread but any developing news on this? any third party apps available yet?
    I feel you're pain on this one, I thought I was the only one bothered by this. I'm one that likes to open multiple URLs on an article as I'm reading....let them load in the background....then visit the new tabs after I'm done with the original pages. On my BB browser I'm like you, constantly opening a new tab then going back to my original page to continue where I was.

At this time I've not seen or heard of any option for this in my BB browser. I recently installed Bolt browser (because BB brower won't work with Time Warner mobile DVR) and tabs work the same way on it, immediately takes you to the new tab. I haven't tried Opera browser on my Torch...maybe it works differently?
    08-04-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD