I just went to my local att corp. center to return my torch that was "tin canning" on calls, battery life that suddenly went from great to awful and """ key was missing from virtual keyboard. They said they just got a new shipment in and I exchanged it for one of those. Upon setting the phone back up, it is a million times smoother, no tin can noise, all the virtual keys are there and the battery Im not sure of yet, but the device is working a million times better than my last 9800. The staff there said they got a fresh shipment in from a different distributor. I doubt the new shipment had anything to do with it, maybe though... but i'm rocking out now. Just thought I would mention
    08-18-10 01:04 PM
    I just went to my local att corp. center to return my torch that was "tin canning" on calls, battery life that suddenly went from great to awful and """ key was missing from virtual keyboard. They said they just got a new shipment in and I exchanged it for one of those. Upon setting the phone back up, it is a million times smoother, no tin can noise, all the virtual keys are there and the battery Im not sure of yet, but the device is working a million times better than my last 9800. The staff there said they got a fresh shipment in from a different distributor. I doubt the new shipment had anything to do with it, maybe though... but i'm rocking out now. Just thought I would mention
    Any wobble? I've noted the wobble "defect" extends to having the slider closed -- if you tap on the call row buttons or the bottom of the touch screen with the screen closed, it feels like you are tapping something cheap and light, with a give to it, and makes a hollow tapping sound. If you hold the bottom of the screen down with, say, your left thumb and tap, it feels sturdy and makes a much more solid tapping sound.
    08-18-10 01:13 PM
    The tinny noise was fixed by installing .161 which means it's a software issue (unless it's some mix of hardware and software problem) - is your "new shipment" phone not running the AT&T stock .141?
    08-18-10 01:17 PM
    The tinny noise was fixed by installing .161 which means it's a software issue (unless it's some mix of hardware and software problem) - is your "new shipment" phone not running the AT&T stock .141?
    If that were true, shouldn't AT&T officially release .161?
    08-18-10 01:32 PM
    Never heard of a virtual key going missing! That's an odd one.
    08-18-10 01:32 PM
    No matter what problems there are with the phone, it will likely be next spring before AT&T adopts a newer release of 6.0 for the Torch. At least if AT&T's past history is any guide. Maybe it'll be different because they helped develop the phone, but I wouldn't bank on it.
    08-18-10 01:40 PM
    .161 has a significant notification bug so it's not going to happen. What JasW said is probably quite right, unfortunately. I do expect plenty of good leaks in the future though - and many of them official by other carriers than AT&T.
    08-18-10 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD