Hi all, I have a 8520 for work purposes and would like a larger screen phone like the torch. My ideal phone would be an iPhone but only because of pinch zoom.

Does anyone know if the torch or any other BB has the facility to enlarge the display in the inbox and email rather than just the browser ?

I have heard that you can double tap in the browser but I'm wanting to do it on the inbox and email as I'm partially sighted and use email most of the time.

I can increase the font size but most of the time the font size is ok, just occasionally I need to zoom in which is why I may have to get the iPhone but I dont really want to.

Thanks for any advice.

G
    05-03-11 03:55 AM
    Pinch to zoom and the double tap work within email messaging. I would not say it could be a bit more fluid, but whatevs. It definitely works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 04:08 AM
    there is pinch to zoom on the torch... so this is the only reason you were thinking of getting the iPhone instead?
    05-03-11 04:23 AM
    I'd suggest waiting for the Torch 2, which is supposed to come out this year - if you can wait, that is.
    05-03-11 04:27 AM
    Thanks and yes Duvi, the only reason to go iphone 4 was pinch zoom !!
    Becuase I'm partailly sighted I loved the pinch to zoom feature of the iphone and because they have have patent I wasn't sure if anyone else could do that.
    I want to stay BB as my work will purchase it and it will go on our BES so any BB would actually do, just saw the torch and the fact it had a large screen like an iphone. Not really a big app user, just want the flexibility in enlargeing the screen on emails when I want.
    Does the Torch also enlarge the inbox or is just the emails when you are reading them, no biggy but just like to know.

Thanks all
    05-03-11 04:41 AM
    The up coming 9900 & 9930 both will be touch screen I would hold out to they come out they will be out soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 05:00 AM
    i have used the torch before and loved it and just ordered mine cant wait for it... coming from a pearl 9100 user... gonna be a great upgrade
    05-03-11 08:09 AM
    For me the torch all the way...
    05-03-11 11:12 AM
    Becuase I'm partailly sighted I loved the pinch to zoom feature of the iphone and because they have have patent I wasn't sure if anyone else could do that.
    I want to stay BB as my work will purchase it and it will go on our BES so any BB would actually do, just saw the torch and the fact it had a large screen like an iphone. Not really a big app user, just want the flexibility in enlargeing the screen on emails when I want.
    Does the Torch also enlarge the inbox or is just the emails when you are reading them, no biggy but just like to know.

Thanks all
    no problem. i <3 my torch.
    05-03-11 12:46 PM

Thanks all
    The pinch to zoom does not work in the inbox. The Screen on the Torch is not as large as the iPhone, but it is larger than any other BB except for the Storm.
    05-03-11 03:52 PM
    The pinch to zoom does not work in the inbox. The Screen on the Torch is not as large as the iPhone, but it is larger than any other BB except for the Storm.
    Pinch to Zoom works in my inbox fine. Double-tapping does not (does in the browser), but pinch zoom does. I'm on BIS, not BES. Can someone confirm if it pinch zooms in BES?
    05-03-11 04:24 PM
    Pinch to Zoom works in my inbox fine. Double-tapping does not (does in the browser), but pinch zoom does. I'm on BIS, not BES. Can someone confirm if it pinch zooms in BES?
    i'm hoping and guessing he didn't mean the actual message.
    05-03-11 04:30 PM
    Ah, thanks, Duvi. Missed the difference there.

Definitely doesn't work on the inbox itself, since you can select multiple emails at once with a pinch (two finger) touch.
    05-03-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD