Is it true? or is this an early April Fools joke from RIM? I'm sure you have read this on CB already if not here is the link.

Rumor: BlackBerry Slider to be Released Next Month?! (We'd like to believe.. but...) | CrackBerry.com

Do you guys think this is another just get your hopes up deal, or will this thing really drop in April?
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-18-10 at 10:45 AM.
    03-18-10 10:28 AM
    I seriously, seriously doubt it'll be launched in April.

Announced? Maybe. Launched? Probably not.
    03-18-10 10:45 AM
    It won't launch in April. There is almost no known information about it.
    03-18-10 10:47 AM
    I seriously, seriously doubt it'll be launched in April.

Announced? Maybe. Launched? Probably not.
    yea me either I've seen this to many times. then like 5 months down the road we hear about it again then Half a year later something similar finally come out. It would be sweet though. I would love to see what this is going to look like as a finished product. The OS won't be a surprise of course same ol RIM.
    03-18-10 10:47 AM
    I would be surprised if the phone even ended up looking like the leaked pics. The phone looks OK but it just doesn't look "finished"
    03-18-10 10:49 AM
    I was thinking the same - there is so little information out there on this device. If there was more information floating around on this I could see how we could be hit with a release.

I'm thinking - if they were to launch a phone in April it'd probably be the Stratus/Striker or the Essex. And we have already seen information pointing at Essex release in May. So chances are if we see anything in April it will be an official unveiling of something.
    03-18-10 10:50 AM
    I was thinking the same - there is so little information out there on this device. If there was more information floating around on this I could see how we could be hit with a release.

I'm thinking - if they were to launch a phone in April it'd probably be the Stratus/Striker or the Essex. And we have already seen information pointing at Essex release in May. So chances are if we see anything in April it will be an official unveiling of something.
    I'm with you usually Kevin or Salomondrin would have received like 2 units of the intitial the revised device by now
    03-18-10 11:01 AM
    I doubt it will be out next week unless RIM announced it so late on purpose. We will just have to wait and see.
    03-18-10 11:08 AM
    I think you'll see it at WES in April. and People are confusing that with Launch. This is running 6, according to rumor, so I doubt we'll 6 that fast.
    03-18-10 11:20 AM
    Sal just posted this on a thread that came in after i posted mine

I'll take my chances here and guarantee you the phone won't be released in a month from today. Not a single chance.

The other thing... If Verizon gets to release this phone (which they should), I also guarantee Sprint won't release before Verizon.
    03-18-10 11:26 AM
    RIM has to launch the 9100 and 9650 as well, I severely doubt we'll see this for awhile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 01:03 PM
    Did you miss the Slider Forum???? Moving thread.
    03-18-10 01:05 PM
    I would be pissed cause I don't have full upgrade until January lol...
    03-18-10 01:12 PM
    So now we can start calling it the Talladega and finally drop the 9700a crap
    03-18-10 01:40 PM
    If this thing releases in April than our worst fear is true. OS 6.0 is gonna be crap. Look how long 5.0 was being developed. RIM basically put another measly shell over 5.0 and called it a new OS. There's a reason why palm and windows fell from grace. They didn't do a damn thing once the competition innovated. Is RIM going to wait till they lose half there marketshare to android and apple?

03-18-10 08:47 PM
    my local at&t store supervisor mentioned that a new blackberry model is coming on its network this april. he told me i should wait for it and not buy the 9700. something fishy is definitely going on.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 03-18-10 at 11:41 PM.
    03-18-10 11:22 PM
    Wokka wokka! I'll just wait tell my upgrade and see what's available. If nothing I'll stay with my tour.

04-11-10 09:44 PM
    my local at&t store supervisor mentioned that a new blackberry model is coming on its network this april. he told me i should wait for it and not buy the 9700. something fishy is definitely going on.
    I haven't anything of that such and I sell t-mobile, att & sprint... :S

*thinks he should read more webmail from the mobile companies to check for sure*
    04-12-10 01:50 AM
    So much for this April release!

04-22-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD