I know this is not a new topic, but I have read 10+ other threads and tried all known fixes...

Details:

Torch 9800 on AT&T

BES with my corp mail.
    GMAIL for personal (only two email accts.)

Visual V mail set up

I have checked:

- Voice Mail, called phone left new message, deleted it. Called to check messages on another phone.

- SMS, tried to send new sms messages, deleted all sms.

- battery pull, it comes back as soon as it boots.

- bes messages, went all the way down the list - no messages

- gmail, checked messages from browser and from phone, nothing indicating new or messages with cached data.

anything I missed?
    06-08-11 05:25 AM
    Is it the flashing red light you can't get rid of? If so, do you have BerryWeather? I have multiple locations set up in mine, and I get the red flashing light when there are weather advisories in one or more of my locations. If I scroll to the locations with advisories and click on them, the indicator goes away.
    06-08-11 07:30 AM
    Check any folders on the phone including the "saved" folder. I had issues with this (accidentally "saved" an unread email, and then couldn't find it for notification).

Also....sounds like you've done it, but is there another email (BIS, perhaps) set up that doesn't go to the main mail folder? I have two email accounts set up like this and I have to go into the specific email folders to clear the new/unread notification.
    06-08-11 07:31 AM
    Is it a message? You could try the "Mark Prior Opened" option: From messages, click on today's date, select "mark prior opened", though after all you've tried I don't have high hopes of that actually working
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 06-08-11 at 08:19 AM.
    06-08-11 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD