Hi guys,

Just got a new Torch.. What do I need to do? Someone at work said to come here and get a new OS or something? What Apps do I need what settings to I need to fiddle etc?

Thanks!
    11-03-10 05:45 AM
    Don't worry about upgrading the OS yet. Start with the setup menu and go through all the options one by one. Apps should be on a per needs basis while you get used to the phone, as they may sometimes cause issues you may not know how to resolve without a basic understanding of the phone and its layout.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 05:51 AM
    The best thing to do is to get to know your phone. If you are a first time person to blackberry, that's more important then updating to an unofficial os having never done so before. Once you get a handle on it, read about updating with an unofficial os. It carries its risks, such as bricking your device which is not covered by warrenty. Welcome to cb

11-03-10 06:32 AM
    Hey pple where can I get an unlock code, igot mine yesterday and it was locked. is it free.

11-03-10 06:37 AM
    It is not free but its not expensive. Cellunlock is a popular one around here. Ebay has them as well.
    As well, do you need the phone unlocked ? Sometimes people don't understand what this means. It basically allows you to use the phone on a different network, and does nothing else to the phone. It just allows foregin sims.

11-03-10 06:40 AM
    OP. Welcome to the Torch. In addition to the advice above, since some are visual learners, check-out the CB Kevin videos on the Torch on YouTube.

11-03-10 06:47 AM
    Oh! I live in nigeria(africa) dnt hv a crdt card is there any oda way I can pay for it??

11-03-10 06:57 AM
    Paypal maybe ?

11-03-10 06:58 AM
    Hey everyone! Thanks for so much response!

I've had a Pearl and an 8800 before.. So I don't reckon getting used to it will be too challenging..
    11-03-10 10:19 AM
    Oh! I live in nigeria(africa) dnt hv a crdt card is there any oda way I can pay for it??

Then your screwed. Unless you can get a paypal account and deposit money into it, your out of luck getting it unlocked.

Maybe look for a repair shop near you. Most repair shops also unlock phones.

11-03-10 11:06 AM

Hi,
    I can help you...
    If you wire $15,000 US dollars to my account, I will buy the Unlocker for you, and send you the remaining funds in US dollars.

You can trust me.
    Just send me your name, address, bank ID, bank routing information, and a time when you can wire me the money.

Thanks!
    Prince Ubuntu
    11-03-10 11:25 PM
    We can help you unlock your phone no problem! We accept Paypal, credit card, EMT, or Western Union.

In terms of the 9800 itself, the main apps I use are Bolt, PatternLock (worth it to buy the full version), ping chat, googlemaps, Poynt, and QuickPull

But, as one of the posters said..it completely depends on your needs.

ENJOY THE PHONE!
    11-04-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD