When I turn my phone on in the morning, texts will come through from the day/night before while it was off. The time of the messages are always the time i turned it on, not when it was really sent. Is there a setting for that so I know when the messages were actually sent??
    08-25-10 11:53 AM
    Not that I know of - I had same problem.
    I finally decided not to turn off my BB.
    You can setup Bedside Mode to turn off the audible notifications and to even turn off the LED.
    It makes managing my inbox so much easier.
    08-25-10 12:00 PM
    Why turn your phone off at all?

Just put it in bedside mode when you go to sleep. You can set it up so that the phones goes into a predefined profile. I have mine set to go into the Phone Calls Only, but you can set it to whatever you want.

What you're wanting to do is not possible. If the network is off there's no way for it to know when those texts were sent to you. They weren't received until you connected with the mobile network, so your phone is actually correct in telling you when you got them.
    08-25-10 12:02 PM
    Why turn your phone off at all?

Just put it in bedside mode when you go to sleep. You can set it up so that the phones goes into a predefined profile. I have mine set to go into the Phone Calls Only, but you can set it to whatever you want.

What you're wanting to do is not possible. If the network is off there's no way for it to know when those texts were sent to you. They weren't received until you connected with the mobile network, so your phone is actually correct in telling you when you got them.
    I thought the same thing, but My Husband's Samsung will show him the time the message sent after the phone has been off.
    He has a Samsung flight.... we even expermented with it and it does.
    Last edited by Kimmiekoo; 08-25-10 at 01:02 PM.
    08-25-10 12:54 PM
    I thought the same thing, but My Husband's Samsung will show him the time the message sent after the phone has been off.
    He has a Samsung flight.... we even expermented with it and it does.
    That's really awesome - I've never heard of a phone that could do that.

Like above, I just change my profile to 'Phone calls only' when I go to bed and just check it when I wake up.
    08-25-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD