Hey All,

I just saw the torch at at&t store and I have to get it. The question is I live outside US and I need to get it unlocked.

Now, I saw that at at&t store, they are selling the torch for 499 dollars without contract. I am sure this is locked.

If I can get this phone (I know I need to get someone with at&t to go with me to buy it), I can unlock it. This is for sure, right?

I see that some sites are selling it for 599 and 699 dollars but I dont want to pay the extra amount if I can get it unlocked.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!
    08-11-10 09:23 PM
    Very easy. Any BB has is own IMEI #. You can get this number simply by entering *#06# on your phone’s keypad and then pressing enter.

With that number an unlocker will tell you a code. For the Torch is easier as before. Just put a non ATT sim and turn on the device. The Torch will prompt for the code. Done!

If you don’t have a non ATT SIM card:
    1. Turn off the Wireless Radio on your BlackBerry mobile.
    2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    3. Hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
    4. Next, hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
    5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
    6. After you enter in the unlock code, hit Enter.
    7. It should say “Device Unlocked” and you have an unlocked Blackberry.
    08-11-10 09:33 PM
    Well said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 09:47 PM
    If you say your getting it for your brother or father that has at&t(as a gift) do they still need to be present?
    08-11-10 09:53 PM
    That is a good question. I'm sure they will ask for their phone number to verify that they are at&t customer...
    08-11-10 11:31 PM
    Very easy. Any BB has is own IMEI #. You can get this number simply by entering *#06# on your phone�s keypad and then pressing enter.

With that number an unlocker will tell you a code. For the Torch is easier as before. Just put a non ATT sim and turn on the device. The Torch will prompt for the code. Done!

If you don�t have a non ATT SIM card:
    1. Turn off the Wireless Radio on your BlackBerry mobile.
    2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    3. Hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
    4. Next, hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
    5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
    6. After you enter in the unlock code, hit Enter.
    7. It should say �Device Unlocked� and you have an unlocked Blackberry.
    Wait, why are you pressing ALT in step 3?? You just need to type MEPD withOUT pressing ALT

Then in step 4, you only hit the alt key when you enter the number 2.

This is how Ive unlocked all my BBs...in fact, just tried the ALT key method with my 9700, and it wont even show the 2nd screen if you use ALT...
    08-12-10 12:45 AM
    Now the question is - how am I gonna get the cell phone from att without having an att contract or another att phone.... any ideas?
    08-12-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD